Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we've not always covered ourselves in glory on this front (I for one could never understand the stick Distin got after serving the club well for 5 years), by and large I think our fans don't get too bitter when players move on. And we tend to appreciate the job many players have done post-takeover in helping establish City into what is currently the most successful club in England. City fans tend to be able to accept that it's a job to most players and as long as they do their job to the best of their ability when they're here then we won't stand in their way if they wish to move on. Many Liverpool fans, on the other hand, think that players should view their club as the be all and end all and how dare any of them ever fancy a change of scenery. It's probably why Keegan isn't viewed by them as a club legend because he had the audacity to decide to move to Hamburg straight after winning the league and European Cup with them. And while they don't seem massively bitter about Mane going, they're already trying to discredit his choice of club and saying it's not a challenge going to the Bundesliga.

To be honest I believe there is a massive difference between the mentallity of the respective sets of fans . But they have a much greater element of glory hunters ( and pure extreme fuckwits ) within their numbers than we do. This imo accounts for much of the difference .

Whilst we get attached and supportive of our players (in the main ) we also recognise that they are professionals and will sometimes move on for their own well-being and careers.

I hope we will show Sterling respect when he comes back as he has been an important player for us and not react like the dippers, as I would hate it if we behaved like them .

Started more games than most players so if that's not enough then so be it. Top servant and played his part in many important moments. Can't stand Chelsea so as soon as he's wearing that shirt he becomes the enemy. Break a leg..... Literally ha ha ha

While we've not always covered ourselves in glory on this front (I for one could never understand the stick Distin got after serving the club well for 5 years), by and large I think our fans don't get too bitter when players move on. And we tend to appreciate the job many players have done post-takeover in helping establish City into what is currently the most successful club in England. City fans tend to be able to accept that it's a job to most players and as long as they do their job to the best of their ability when they're here then we won't stand in their way if they wish to move on. Many Liverpool fans, on the other hand, think that players should view their club as the be all and end all and how dare any of them ever fancy a change of scenery. It's probably why Keegan isn't viewed by them as a club legend because he had the audacity to decide to move to Hamburg straight after winning the league and European Cup with them. And while they don't seem massively bitter about Mane going, they're already trying to discredit his choice of club and saying it's not a challenge going to the Bundesliga.
I was gutted Paul Stewart left for Spurs but fully understood back then why it happened.
It's world's apart these days where we don't need to sell our top players because we are cash strapped

He must tell the media all his thoughts on who he is after instead of being quiet and getting on with the job of buying players

He’s basically made himself the only staff in every area besides manager and physio?! Absolutely ridiculous he thinks he can do these player deals and contracts etc when he’s never done it before?! Chucking random numbers out against arguably the best director of football ever in txiki?! Genuinely think it’s going to be a car crash at Chelsea this new consortium as they will be nowhere close to the money that Roman threw into them and all the investors will want dividends back etc?

The fact he has 4bn to buy a football club probably suggests otherwise.

Not just him on his own though was it? He’s the front man it seems and his personal wealth is rumored to be about that which includes property etc? American sports are completely different contractual wise as well so to actually get rid of the team that normally do the transfers and get deals done he bins everyone to do it himself??

Not just him on his own though was it? He’s the front man it seems and his personal wealth is rumored to be about that which includes property etc? American sports are completely different contractual wise as well so to actually get rid of the team that normally do the transfers and get deals done he bins everyone to do it himself??
It’s irrelevant anyway. Owner investment isn’t allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.