Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think sadly we were backed into a corner with this and Jesus aswell, who both wanted to leave with 1 year remaining on their deals. We have a strong squad and right now you'd have to say Haaland, Foden and Mahrez would very ahead of them. To get £100m for the pair is a good business.

I'm more gutted about Sterling going than Jesus tbh, but I don't think we had much choice as he would've just left on a free next summer if he didn't go now.

He's been really good for us, especially in the 17/18 and 18/19 seasons where he was arguably our best player along with KDB during that period. I'll miss him, he offers something different, he's scored over 100 goals for us and he very rarely missed a game through injury. A great servant and I think he'll go well at Chelsea.

NO guarantees Haaland or Alvarez will score the goals or not miss sitters, so letting sterling leave will be a gamble by pep and man city, but totally understand on both fronts that still needs game time and pep and city have not offered him no guarantees of playing every week
agreed - and it's also difficult & a bad idea to keep someone who obviously wants to go - in order to get more games. Wish he wasn't going to Chelsea but his wages are too high for a bench player

Last edited:
NO guarantees Haaland or Alvarez will score the goals or not miss sitters, so letting sterling leave will be a gamble by pep and man city, but totally understand on both fronts that still needs game time and pep and city have not offered him no guarantees of playing every week
There are never any guarantees In football. I guess that’s why we keep coming back for more. I understand why the club have allowed him to go. Under normal circumstances I’d say keep him and let him go on a free the following year, but it’s not a luxury anybody can afford especially with FFP scrutiny.

There are never any guarantees In football. I guess that’s why we keep coming back for more. I understand why the club have allowed him to go. Under normal circumstances I’d say keep him and let him go on a free the following year, but it’s not a luxury anybody can afford especially with FFP scrutiny.
Why would you keep a player in decline, who is unhappy and not cash in whilst you can along with his wages off the books?

He has scored over 130 goals for this club you disrespectful ****.

The very worst of new fans and if you are not a new fan then you should be embarrassed.

hes the 2nd highest player for goals and assists under a team managed by Pep.

Some of the comments on here are disrespectful as fuck towards Sterling.

Spot on with your reply.

Bbc reporting he wants to win the ballon d'or. Mmm. I want to marry Jessica Alba. There is probably more chance of the latter. Maybe Raheem will win the barn door. Anyway good luck Raheem. I hope you manage to concentrate on improving your game.
I suspect Nena has a greater chance of a ballon.But I always did like him for the record;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.