Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad price at all…
Signed for £50M.
Best years of his career. 339 games.
Sold for £50M.

Reactions: CC1
Good deal tbh as last two seasons apart from the odd good ganes he has been poor and missed sitter after sitter . He has been a good player for us but time to go .

I think sadly we were backed into a corner with this and Jesus aswell, who both wanted to leave with 1 year remaining on their deals. We have a strong squad and right now you'd have to say Haaland, Foden and Mahrez would very ahead of them. To get £100m for the pair is a good business.

I'm more gutted about Sterling going than Jesus tbh, but I don't think we had much choice as he would've just left on a free next summer if he didn't go now.

He's been really good for us, especially in the 17/18 and 18/19 seasons where he was arguably our best player along with KDB during that period. I'll miss him, he offers something different, he's scored over 100 goals for us and he very rarely missed a game through injury. A great servant and I think he'll go well at Chelsea.
I was sorry to see Jesus leave, Sterling less so. However the thought process is the same for both…is either of them worth the £1m+ pw it would have cost the club to keep them for the remaining year of the contract? No. It’s an easy decision for the club.

In a world where football is big business, this is good big business.

~£50M vs an unhappy bit part player in a World Cup season. No brainer.

The only bad part is he’s going to a competitor, but the world of REALLY big business is a small one.

Kudos to Raheem for keeping his head down, being ready to play when called, and for not forgetting how to cross a ball when playing right wing!

He will be welcomed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.