Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a feeling Sterling will be on fire next season. a player with a point to prove.
He had a point to prove this season when Pep started putting him on the bench more and he didn’t particularly prove it. You look at games where he did start like Wolves away and he was bloody awful.

If he’s on fire next season it will be disappointing to wonder where the fuck that point was while he was our player.

He’ll always have top stats because he has good movement and he’s fast but he’ll never be a top player in my eyes. Good goals and assists numbers that contribute to the overall goal but a frustrating player overall.

Is that an improvement? I'm not so sure

Not at all. Haaland of now is an improvement on Aguero at the end of his career.

The other 3, nowhere near, whichever way you arrange them. Plus, Palmer isn't a new addition, he is already here.

I still think we will sign another attacking player though. The club won't want to 'adapt', with this level of squad now, the adapting had been done.

A little exaggeration, but I also don't get why are we not going to sign a winger to replace Sterling when we IMO have to. Bernardo's replacement is required if he could go, the same with Ake and Zinchenko. We are so thin and I don't get the idea of having a small squad, especially in the period of April-May.
We already signed Bernardo’s replacement for £100m last Summer and Bernardo is still here.

Plus…
Left forward options: Foden Grealish Alvarez Bernardo
Right forward options: Mahrez Foden Alvarez Palmer Bernardo

There’s a lot of forward rotation options there. What it really needs is Grealish to have a good season and Alvarez and Palmer to have a breakthrough season. Not guaranteed at all, but we definitely have many options.

See how long the Chelsea fans put up with Raz arriving in the box 3 seconds after the ball has rolled cross the six yard box . That sounds harsh on Raz who has been a great servant to City, but let's be honest how many times have we watched that scenario ?

Let's hope he doesn't talk shit to the media like Milner
Milner has never really said anything. We’ve proper overrracted about that.

All he said was that Liverpool has the best team spirit of any team he’s ever played in and some of our fans got all sensitive about it and thought he was having a go at us.

What it really needs is Grealish to have a good season and Alvarez and Palmer to have a breakthrough season.

Very much so. All 3 big big big ifs. With Haaland being new to the team as well. Assuming he doesn't need any settling in, which he might, thats still at least 2 players that will need to plenty of time. And one that needs more time.

I'm only a little confused as to why he is leaving. I thought it was simply to go back to London or pay increase, which if so then fine, but I am reading reports saying he was unhappy with game time?

He played 3126 minutes last season, of the forwards only Foden (3209) played barely more minutes than him.
He was always gonna say whatever bollocks he could come up with to engineer his move away for brighter lights and more pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.