Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
See how long the Chelsea fans put up with Raz arriving in the box 3 seconds after the ball has rolled cross the six yard box . That sounds harsh on Raz who has been a great servant to City, but let's be honest how many times have we watched that scenario ?
What a bloody bizarre comment.

I doubt very much if he can. He will never get anyway close to Sterlings stats and contribution as a forward player. The only way I can see him justifying his price tag will be as a playmaker in the mould of KDB. Not sure if he is up to the task though.

This is it. Grealish is a different kind of player. Doesn't mean he wont be a big player for the team in other ways, if he actually performs to expectation, but he won't be contributing what Sterling has been. He might not need to, hopefully.

I doubt very much if he can. He will never get anyway close to Sterlings stats and contribution as a forward player. The only way I can see him justifying his price tag will be as a playmaker in the mould of KDB. Not sure if he is up to the task though.
His definitely not up to that task

Would be interesting to compare the offer he left on the table with the one he has apparently agreed with Chelsea. That might well be the real answer why he is leaving rather than game time.

It is probably a combination of both. And maybe wanting to live in London again. And possibly a bit of being fatigued by Pep's intensity. Does it really matter?

I don't mind gambling on one player but not two. I'm sure the club will try to sign another forward player before the window closes.

If we exclude Aguero and Haaland as the actual strikers here, I love this arguement that we are replacing 3 outgoing attacking players, with 3 new players, 2 of which are already here.

Last edited:
Replacing people that regularly score goals, make assists, and generally play matches, with players that do the same.

Which Palmer doesn't. Big expectation that, to go from 4 cameos to contributing 20+ goals. Grealish hasn't really either. Alvarez might, as he has, in Argentina mind you.

Palmer is not a replacement for Sterling, don't be fucking daft. Not this season at least. He isn't even a replacement ffs, as he is already here and was while Sterling was.
Palmer has the potential to become a great player, he was looking very good last season until an injury curtailed his progress.

I don’t think we will replace Raz. We have now banked some serious wonga, Raz, Jesus, Bazunu, Gyabi, Porro, Lavia, Torres, that’s about 185m but amortisation and Agents fees probably wiped about 40m off the balance sheet, estimate around 135m on Haaland, Alvarez and Phillips including Agents fees.

Can only see us spending to buy Cucurella at the very most but if Zinny or Ake go they could be replaced.

It’s great business from our Management, they rarely make mistakes on and off the pitch.

If we exclude Aguero and Harland as the actual strikers here, I love this arguement that we are replacing 3 outgoing attacking players, with 3 new players, 2 of which are already here.
I had to go back through the thread to understand that, but you eventually got a laugh and a like :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.