Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have done a lot for us over the years but last season the amount of chances missed by both was astounding and in Jesus we had a striker who didn’t want to play up front but preferred the wing and now suddenly he is a striker again . Tbh I’m not that bothered about losing both .

Ok. You're replacing Sterling and Jesus, a combined 250+ goals and assists with an unknown quantity from the Argentinian league and a lad with potential but with only 1 premier league start. Netball it is.
Right so what you’re saying is that unless you’re replacing 29 and 26 year olds with 29 and 26 year olds with PL experience then you can’t be strengthening?

Let’s re-visit in 12 months shall we.

We can respect those that have been before AND be excited about the prospects for the future; we move on, as the best squad around.

I guess this the season where we will see if Grealish can come close to justifying that 100 M price tag, quite excited to find out
I doubt very much if he can. He will never get anyway close to Sterlings stats and contribution as a forward player. The only way I can see him justifying his price tag will be as a playmaker in the mould of KDB. Not sure if he is up to the task though.

Not at all. Haaland of now is an improvement on Aguero at the end of his career.

The other 3, nowhere near, whichever way you arrange them. Plus, Palmer isn't a new addition, he is already here.

I still think we will sign another attacking player though. The club won't want to 'adapt', with this level of squad now, the adapting had been done.
would a top class player want to come knowing they would be down the pecking order? we have Delap as backup or revert back to Foden / Gundo / Grealish

Right so what you’re saying is that unless you’re replacing 29 and 26 year olds with 29 and 26 year olds with PL experience then you can’t be strengthening?

I don't mind gambling on one player but not two. I'm sure the club will try to sign another forward player before the window closes.

He was always gonna say whatever bollocks he could come up with to engineer his move away for brighter lights and more pay.
Would be interesting to compare the offer he left on the table with the one he has apparently agreed with Chelsea. That might well be the real answer why he is leaving rather than game time.

Replacing people that regularly score goals, make assists, and generally play matches, with players that do the same.

Which Palmer doesn't. Big expectation that, to go from 4 cameos to contributing 20+ goals. Grealish hasn't really either. Alvarez might, as he has, in Argentina mind you.

Palmer is not a replacement for Sterling, don't be fucking daft. Not this season at least. He isn't even a replacement ffs, as he is already here and was while Sterling was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.