Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair we've not had anyone really of note who wins headers. But the point stands. Next season if a team plays how Villa do what will we do? Mahrez had a mare, Sterling was the guy who came on and helped change the game. That's what we'll miss
The change of Zinchenko changed the game to begin with. We gave Villa more problems with that to start. Jesus had a chance he couldn't put in the net. Sterling changed it as well, but we could have also put Cancelo wide. Cancelo was holding with Rodri at that point. Now we have Phillips he could do that job. KDB was in the box to pick up any scraps, but now since we have Haaland and Alvarez, KDB could drift out wide to put in crosses as well. There will be multiple ways to find width.

The change of Zinchenko changed the game to begin with. We gave Villa more problems with that to start. Jesus had a chance he couldn't put in the net. Sterling changed it as well, but we could have also put Cancelo wide. Cancelo was holding with Rodri at that point. Now we have Phillips he could do that job. KDB was in the box to pick up any scraps, but now since we have Haaland and Alvarez, KDB could drift out wide to put in crosses as well. There will be multiple ways to find width.
Villa weren’t expecting a cross to come from Sterling either. It was one of his 6 assists in the league last season.

Villa were also dying on their feet, having played on the Thursday night before.

Still a peach of a cross, mind.

Villa weren’t expecting a cross to come from Sterling either. It was one of his 6 assists in the league last season.

Villa were also dying on their feet, having played on the Thursday night before.

Still a peach of a cross, mind.
It was a great cross. I'm not taking anything away from it. I said in an earlier post, it was a pin point, but just as it worked, you can't expect a high cross from the byline to work every time. It does get headed out at times. Just like Rodri's goal. Great goal, but you can't expect those to go in all the time. My point is there are different ways to find crosses if Sterling goes. KDB and Cancelo can create it from the right. It might work, it might not just like Sterling's, but there are different options and we will just need to play differently.

It was a great cross. I'm not taking anything away from it. I said in an earlier post, it was a pin point, but just as it worked, you can't expect a high cross from the byline to work every time. It does get headed out at times. Just like Rodri's goal. Great goal, but you can't expect those to go in all the time. My point is there are different ways to find crosses if Sterling goes. KDB and Cancelo can create it from the right. It might work, it might not just like Sterling's, but there are different options and we will just need to play differently.
I don’t disagree. We have the manager to make it work too.

Its just a bit of a risk whilst we adapt to our new personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.