Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that bothered about him leaving but I am concerned for the mental health of the 93.20 Podcast whom, to a man, all seem to think he is just about the greatest player seen in a City shirt for the last 25 years. He's been too inconsistent for too long now and as others have rightly mentioned, Pep and his team don't seem that perturbed by him leaving.
Wasn't trusted to start the big games at the end of last season in the league and CL latter stages (hauled off at home to AM in the 1st leg for a decidedly iffy performance & a truly abysmal performance away at Wolves being two).
Would be excellent for 45 minutes and you'd think...Raz is back and then, would follow that up with 225 minutes of, at times, near nothingness. When was the last time you can recall him winning a big match for us? Kev would do that every few weeks.
Like everyone else, I wish him all the best but I don't expect to be sitting here lamenting his departure in a few years time.

Anyone who thinks that Sterling is the best player we have had in 25 years really needs to go to an optician not a doctor.

been very frustrating the last couple of years, at times looks worse than a sunday league player playing with a hangover as cant keep his feet and trips over the ball, then bobs up all smiles. could be a confidence thing but will be interesting to see if a new environment improves his foot work

Just glad chelsea came in and offered an increase on his already silly money...they have done us a favor in terms of giving us a fee and freeing up big wages.

Good but infuriating player with big flaws to his game. Pep also doesn't trust him enough to give him the assurances he wanted.

Worked out well.

Putting my negative head on he was like a man down in the dippers and rags games and despite his many City career highlights my abiding memories are the miss of the century v Lyon away, miss of the decade v Burnley away and the sickening feeling I had after his ‘VAR’ last minute winning goal v Spurs in the champions league.

Not sure why anyone doubt's he is a good person with his life achievement's after the start he had in life, the guy is an incredible role model for one and all.

A great signing for this club, great performances and great achievements.

This is a simple case of a player and club separating amicably, both had lost each others trust and commitment.

I wish him well, and I am sure he will be successful, he always has improved and more importantly proved himself.

Just glad chelsea came in and offered an increase on his already silly money...they have done us a favor in terms of giving us a fee and freeing up big wages.

Good but infuriating player with big flaws to his game. Pep also doesn't trust him enough to give him the assurances he wanted.

Worked out well.
Agree. Some were advocating keeping him for his last year of contract. Really has been hit and miss for 2 seasons now, and in all likelihood that form would have remained. Great business if he departs.

To put it in simple terms.
Raz didn't get us. Other players who have been here less than raheem got us. Raz just didn't invest in us 100%.
This is why I think there's no emotional loss with him going.
Not sure he got got anyone, some players don't gel with any club, it's a job at the end of the day, but whatever, he gave his all for us at all times and that is all that counts.

Will we look back in the year to come and think of him in legendary terms? Not for me, but that should not deflect from his efforts in our shirt.

His first couple of seasons under Pep were magnificent and that should never be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.