Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this a thousand times, whichever player is involved, it's just a job.

Like any of us in any job, sometimes you just want / need a change of location/colleagues. Sometimes you get a chance to make more money, and off you go.

Sentiment is for fans. We should all just say thank you for his great service to the club and wish him well for the future.

This isn't the 70's, we should stop as a fan base beatifying players who in the modern world play for cold hard filthy luca ;)

Enjoy the small time we have left before the yanks move the dancing girls, sponsored advertised quarter hour breaks and the ice cream music after every goal.

I'll probably get slated by some on here & bombarded with stats but when he plays he frustrates the hell out of me. Yes he gets himself into good areas in the box but he's one of the worst finishers i have seen. The amount of clear cut chances he has wasted over the seasons is woeful.

If we can get around 50 mil it will be very good business.

Last edited:
I'll probably get slated by some on here & bombarded with stats but when he plays he frustrates the hell out of me. Yes he gets himself into good areas in the box but he's one of the worst finishers i have seen. The amount of clear cut chances he has wasted of the seasons is woeful.

I don't know all the stats mate I do know he's scored some really good and really important goals for us, yes his finishing can be frustrating but he gets a goal every three games on average.
Not too shabby at all for a player who mostly plays in wide positions, all that said if he wont sign a new deal we have no other option but to sell.

Trouble is FI, too many people think in black and white with Raheem, ‘Haters or Lovers’, forgetting there’s a middle ground (and balanced ) opinion of him too.

That’s as a player I might add, absolutely love him as a person.
Agree with all of this. He definitely isn't the most talented player out there but he has really improved in lots of areas in his time with us, and doesn't seem to moan much (publicly at least). I think about 12 months ago it looked to me like he wanted to move on as he wasn't playing enough. Respect him for not running his contract down and banking the cash, and instead backing himself

This is an often repeated narrative and, frankly, is bollocks. Against United it is another story but at least he didn't play against them this season...

I think this is an honest aprraisal:

17/18
0-3 (a) - CL away - came on as 2nd half sub, quiet but ripped Roberston a new one for the most blatant penalty (not given) that even Steevie effing G thought was harsh
1-2 (h) - CL home... mugs VvD and creates 1st goal

18/19

0-0 (a) - can't remember so presume not vg :)
2-1(h) - excellent 2nd half. Ran-off Robertson 4 or 5 times, should have had pen, created better chance for Aguero than the one he scored from, drive and assist for Sane goal etc etc

19/20

1-1 (N) - meaningless community shield friendly - at least he scores
1-3 (a) - single-handedly takes on Liverpool, the crowd and Gomez (lol). Wins Man of the Match on here by a mile.
4-0(h) - mugs Gomez to win penalty KDB scores from and then Sterling scores after mugging Gomez again and we go 2-0 up

20/21
1-1(H) - can't remember so presume not vg :)
1-4 (a) - Foden's match but Sterling brilliant and get's his goal

21/22

2-2 (a) - came on as sub for Grealish. Not great but stretched them more
2-2 (h) - shame about the toe-nail offside goal from the 1v1 against Allison which would have been an iconic one if it had given us the 3-2 win
2-3(n) - FAC semifinal - shit.
I was watching the 2-1 in 18/19 the other day. Absolutely had Robertson on toast and his decision making for the Sane goal (and his no look disguised pass for the chance Serg missed) were class.

I'll probably get slated by some on here & bombarded with stats but when he plays he frustrates the hell out of me. Yes he gets himself into good areas in the box but he's one of the worst finishers i have seen. The amount of clear cut chances he has wasted over the seasons is woeful.

Why would you get slated about that, don’t think you are that special though.

You are like the 50th person to say Raheem is an average finisher and frustrating.

I don't know all the stats mate I do know he's scored some really good and really important goals for us, yes his finishing can be frustrating but he gets a goal every three games on average.
Not too shabby at all for a player who mostly plays in wide positions, all that said if he wont sign a new deal we have no other option but to sell.
He has a good conversion rate.

People just don’t like him, or some of the misses stick out more because he’s clumsy and he’s been here years - he’s been in more goal scoring positions than most since 2015 so it probably begs that he will have missed more chances than others.

Sergio missed some criminal chances, they’re just forgotten about because he scored, looked the part and was unconditionally loved by City supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.