Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
He scored a perfectly good, winning goal against them at home this year which was disgracefully manipulated to look offside.

I actually thought he had a decent handle on his performances in the end against Liverpool, considering.

He scored against them in the Community Shield, tore them a new one and scored in the 4-0 and 4-1 wins during Covid.

He has always played well against Chelsea but my angst was his games against United, where you would forget he was playing unless he was missing gilt-edged chances?

Did he ever score against them? Seven years and never scored against that turgid shit?

Will always be a mystery to me.
To be fair to raheem he bottled it at anfield because of the abuse he got.
Factor it in with the first few years the refs gave him nothing and let the dipper mob keep roughing him up and fouling him.
They all (fans, refs, ex players) bought into the young black lad bling culture until he called the racist twats out
As for United form it’s a mystery

Weird one is Raz.

Contributed massively to our success under Pep. Which led him to demand the same wages as Kev. Since I assume we said no to that he's been probably been about 60% the player he was. Offer from us remained but he never really indicated that he'd sign the extension or that he massively wants to be here? Lack of connection with the fans/club is probably the reason people aren't particularly arsed we're losing a winger that can rack up 30+ goals and double figure assists a season. Leaves with my gratitude and well wishes but we keep moving forward.
Exactly how I feel about it.

Like I said yesterday, footy is just a job to Raz isn’t it. Which is fine, but it is what it is.

The major negative of Sterling was his attitude and performances against Liverpool.

The shit that club gave him during negotiations with us and his career with us was a disgrace, I cannot believe that player did not want to rip them a new one whenever we played them.

The opposite seemed the case, he went into his shell with meek performances, I have to say I found that very bizarre.

This is an often repeated narrative and, frankly, is bollocks. Against United it is another story but at least he didn't play against them this season...

I think this is an honest aprraisal:

17/18
0-3 (a) - CL away - came on as 2nd half sub, quiet but ripped Roberston a new one for the most blatant penalty (not given) that even Steevie effing G thought was harsh
1-2 (h) - CL home... mugs VvD and creates 1st goal

18/19

0-0 (a) - can't remember so presume not vg :)
2-1(h) - excellent 2nd half. Ran-off Robertson 4 or 5 times, should have had pen, created better chance for Aguero than the one he scored from, drive and assist for Sane goal etc etc

19/20

1-1 (N) - meaningless community shield friendly - at least he scores
1-3 (a) - single-handedly takes on Liverpool, the crowd and Gomez (lol). Wins Man of the Match on here by a mile.
4-0(h) - mugs Gomez to win penalty KDB scores from and then Sterling scores after mugging Gomez again and we go 2-0 up

20/21
1-1(H) - can't remember so presume not vg :)
1-4 (a) - Foden's match but Sterling brilliant and get's his goal

21/22

2-2 (a) - came on as sub for Grealish. Not great but stretched them more
2-2 (h) - shame about the toe-nail offside goal from the 1v1 against Allison which would have been an iconic one if it had given us the 3-2 win
2-3(n) - FAC semifinal - shit.

Weird one is Raz.

Contributed massively to our success under Pep. Which led him to demand the same wages as Kev. Since I assume we said no to that he's been probably been about 60% the player he was. Offer from us remained but he never really indicated that he'd sign the extension or that he massively wants to be here? Lack of connection with the fans/club is probably the reason people aren't particularly arsed we're losing a winger that can rack up 30+ goals and double figure assists a season. Leaves with my gratitude and well wishes but we keep moving forward.
What is this lack of connection with the fans? I don't understand this statement? I do understand that he's a quiet private lad which is allowed isnt it? and I do recall the Etihad singing his name frequently.

been very frustrating the last couple of years, at times looks worse than a sunday league player playing with a hangover as cant keep his feet and trips over the ball, then bobs up all smiles. could be a confidence thing but will be interesting to see if a new environment improves his foot work
The lovely chelsea fans will be chucking bananas after a week.

This is an often repeated narrative and, frankly, is bollocks. Against United it is another story but at least he didn't play against them this season...

I think this is an honest aprraisal:

17/18
0-3 (a) - CL away - came on as 2nd half sub, quiet but ripped Roberston a new one for the most blatant penalty (not given) that even Steevie effing G thought was harsh
1-2 (h) - CL home... mugs VvD and creates 1st goal

18/19

0-0 (a) - can't remember so presume not vg :)
2-1(h) - excellent 2nd half. Ran-off Robertson 4 or 5 times, should have had pen, created better chance for Aguero than the one he scored from, drive and assist for Sane goal etc etc

19/20

1-1 (N) - meaningless community shield friendly - at least he scores
1-3 (a) - single-handedly takes on Liverpool, the crowd and Gomez (lol). Wins Man of the Match on here by a mile.
4-0(h) - mugs Gomez to win penalty KDB scores from and then Sterling scores after mugging Gomez again and we go 2-0 up

20/21
1-1(H) - can't remember so presume not vg :)
1-4 (a) - Foden's match but Sterling brilliant and get's his goal

21/22

2-2 (a) - came on as sub for Grealish. Not great but stretched them more
2-2 (h) - shame about the toe-nail offside goal from the 1v1 against Allison which would have been an iconic one if it had given us the 3-2 win
2-3(n) - FAC semifinal - shit.
It's not bollocks, how many times was he substituted when we played them?

Exactly how I feel about it.

Like I said yesterday, footy is just a job to Raz isn’t it. Which is fine, but it is what it is.
It is a job to him, that's so true, Liverpool, Us, England , he always gave it everything but there was no connection with any fan base.

You see the passion to our shirt, club and city from numerous players from all parts of the world the last 12 years, Raheem for me was not one of them.

Not sure he got got anyone, some players don't gel with any club, it's a job at the end of the day, but whatever, he gave his all for us at all times and that is all that counts.

Will we look back in the year to come and think of him in legendary terms? Not for me, but that should not deflect from his efforts in our shirt.

His first couple of seasons under Pep were magnificent and that should never be forgotten.
Pretty much how I’ve always seen him, just think he’s one of those people who’s very guarded ( and with good reason I’d say) and has a very close knit inner circle, that’s not a criticism either, maybe it’s just him, or how his life experiences have shaped him, either way, I’m happy for him being who he is and standing up when it really counted.

It's not bollocks, how many times was he substituted when we played them?

Irrelevant.

I was replying to your main critique of Sterling which was "The major negative of Sterling was his attitude and performances against Liverpool"

I simply highlighted games when this wasn't the case.

I know it's difficult to accept when you are shown to be wrong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.