Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never a favourite of mine. Good luck to him but the fact we got £50m makes me very happy. I’d be surprised if he scored many goals next season.

So Chelsea agree a deal for Sterling. Was always a favourite of mine but fellow blues were not so keen. Him coming on v Villa won us that game and in consequence the title.

Good luck mate, don't score against us next season!
Not sure that’s entirely true or as simple as that but good luck to him

It’s doesn’t really matter if you rate sterling or not. Raheem contributed to our most successful period. He won’t be forgotten. Left the right way and we all move along. At some point city will buy another attacker. Only pep knows if he thinks the squad is enough at this point. It’s never going to be perfect. I think we are having a blinding window and if we can get a LB then happy days. You never know what attacker might come on the market before it closes. We have plenty in the pot if and when we decide to buy. It’s Saulgood man :-)

I have a hazy recollection when Pep gave a statement about him knowing who he trusted in the squad after a particular game that didn't include Raheem Sterling. It was also reported that he challenged the gaffer about what he meant and that may have caused the first cracks in their relationship.

Mischievous press reports, or did I imagine this event?
Southampton away during lockdown. He started kicking off

Ah well… so long and thanks for all the fish.

Good bit of business all round. We get a decent chunk of cash for a player who’s in the last year of his contract, Chelsea get a good player for a decent price. He gets a new challenge which personally I think he needs after some of his performances recently.

Wish him well.

Including his wages £65 Million is incredible business .

I also think he’s been very naive, at city he has players such as Bernardo, De Bruyne, Foden picking out his runs rather than Jorginho and Kovavic who love a sideways pass

A wonderful, decent, and hard working young man. Level-headed, sensible, and mature.
On his day he was one of the leagues greatest players but annoyingly also one of the most frustrating , especially when one on one.
One year left on his contract, when he could have left for free and picked up 15m this year in wages.
One of those very rare occasions when it’s a transfer that is perfect for all concerned. City bank 65m (incl. wages), Chelsea get a great for relatively little money and the lad gets a move where he’ll play more games.

If he had 3 years left this fee would have been triple but in another 5 months he could have signed a pre contract and we would have received nothing.

Go well and in good health Raheem. Keep making the scousers cry and keep calling out the racists.
A player and a man I’m proud to say played for City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.