Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an odd take, especially from this morning's postings.

I have defended him this morning but I am not devastated he has left, I just do not understand City fans pretending his 131 goals and 85 assists were nothing significant but then these very same posters think he has been mostly shit for 7 years, it is quite bizarre the stats are he is the second most productive player that Pep has ever coached, that is the biggest fact going but still you know he misses sitters, falls over a lot, is indecisive, can't pass, he runs funny as well, kinda like a T-Rex.

He was guff last season, uninterested and wanting away, didn't smile much, he was our third highest goal scorer and 7th highest assisted (could have been 6th or 8th not rechecking, wasted enough of this sunny day already)

We take the piss out of classless scouse fans, glasshouse and stones spring to mind.

Anyway, 50m in the bank for a player with one year left on his contract is a great deal.

thank you for 7 years worth of goals and assists, good luck at Chelsea.
Thought he probably smiled more than ever last season, just that it was almost always at the wrong time and it wasn’t a ‘real’ smile

We take the piss out of classless scouse fans, glasshouse and stones spring to mind.

Saying he's a bit shit in one to ones and sitters and that if he wants to go he can go is a bit different from forcing him to stay by giving him death threats.

City fans agree with him he would be better suited elsewhere least of all because his mind isn't in it. How is that "Scouse like" ?

I have defended him this morning but I am not devastated he has left, I just do not understand City fans pretending his 131 goals and 85 assists were nothing significant but then these very same posters think he has been mostly shit for 7 years, it is quite bizarre the stats are he is the second most productive player that Pep has ever coached, that is the biggest fact going but still you know he misses sitters, falls over a lot, is indecisive, can't pass, he runs funny as well, kinda like a T-Rex.

He was guff last season, uninterested and wanting away, didn't smile much, he was our third highest goal scorer and 7th highest assisted (could have been 6th or 8th not rechecking, wasted enough of this sunny day already)

Anyway, 50m in the bank for a player with one year left on his contract is a great deal.

I liked the post linked below from @Psychedelic Casual yesterday which was deservedly liked by many others.
Totally honest and captures psych's frustration/respect on a 50/50 basis between the "bad" Sterling compared to the "elite" Sterling.

I get that totally and clearly its is a very popular view but with me his positive impacts and the sheer volume of them completely outweigh the crap things. So, he is a great for me -thanks very much, happy the deal has been done for both parties and wish him all the best for the future although not against us obviously.

But like you I find some of the criticisms and narratives are weird particularly when they fall down against any objective scrutiny.

Very few players last more than 10 years at the top of their game. Raz started playing first team football at 17 so already at that mark.Raz does not pick up many injuries so he could become part of that exclusive club. Chelsea have given him a 5 year + 1 contract I read somewhere, so they are expecting him to be at the top of his game for 15 or 16 years. I dont recall many players doing that. Raz wanted to go, our management were ok with that and City keep rolling on. Good luck Raheem.

Last edited:
I liked the post linked below from @Psychedelic Casual yesterday which was deservedly liked by many others.
Totally honest and captures psych's frustration/respect on a 50/50 basis between the "bad" Sterling compared to the "elite" Sterling.

I get that totally and clearly its is a very popular view but with me his positive impacts and the sheer volume of them completely outweigh the crap things. So, he is a great for me -thanks very much, happy the deal has been done for both parties and wish him all the best for the future although not against us obviously.

But like you I find some of the criticisms and narratives are weird particularly when they fall down against any objective scrutiny.

Indeed. As poor as he always (bar one game) was against a United and Liverpool and all those misses and frustrations, his positive contributions over the course of his time here were excellent and will be missed.

He’ll get a good reception whenever he plays against us. But you just know he’ll score against us!

Indeed. As poor as he always (bar one game) was against a United and Liverpool and all those misses and frustrations, his positive contributions over the course of his time here were excellent and will be missed.

He’ll get a good reception whenever he plays against us. But you just know he’ll score against us!
No, he won't. He'll miss an empty sitter. ;-)

Don’t get it either. Isn’t he our highest ever goal scoring winger? Plus wasn’t he on 95 assists; meaning 5 away from being the first to score & assist 100 goals for us?

Not bad stats for a player many ridicule

Hope whoever takes his place over the next few years can get close to his goals & assists, because if they can, we’ve got a belting player on our hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.