Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raz played the same game as Milner but hopefully this time we don’t get rinsed by him walking away.

Why do the same few people keep writing this complete horse shite even though it’s been pointed out over and over that the two scenarios are nothing alike?

We failed to get him to sign. He may have thought twice about leaving with an increase in wage. Probably not. Anyway, the point I was making was only pertaining to the fee. He signs a deal 18 months ago, enables the club to demand a higher fee.
Think it through. He signs a new deal 18 months ago and ups his pay to £350k then who the fuck has the money to pay a higher fee and fucking stupid wages of £350k per week which he very much doesn’t warrant?

Great player on his day. Hasn’t quite kicked on from the few seasons he was scoring multiple goals I think the 17/18 and 18/19 seasons were his devastating best. Will always remember fondly when thinking of him and his time at City. Great pro and to have 7 seasons out of him and get the same fee is not to be sniffed at and what a trophy haul! As most have pointed out he will allow a significant chunk of wages to be freed up too.

He also made the comment with Geoff Shreeves when asked about what he said to Gundogan when they celebrated his goal and Raz said I told him it’s how the universe works and he was another player who hadn’t played enough (or something to that effect) very telling imo and Pep is not going to stand for it.

Yep. Thought he came across a right **** in that segment.

Anything over £40million is very good business and a warm goodbye by Manchester city fans, goes with respect

question is can he still have a future at Manchester city and play enough games for him to sign a new contract

Sterling is a product of his environment...he's good, not great...but on this squad he was able to get "great" results playing with the likes of DS, KDB, and Kun...while everyone raves about his movement overlooked is that only the top 5% of players in the world could have gotten him the ball thru those type of windows, thus the tap ins and missed sitters...also, when afforded space to run in behind diagonally from the left as a right footed player he flourished, like in 2017-18, 19...his regression with us started after that when basically everyone decided the only way to stand a chance at beating City was to put 9 men behind the ball in a low block and hope for something on the counter...this was the worst case for a player like Sterling who lacks precision, is spotty in possession, needs space, and very importantly has no left foot....conversely Mahrez, who is technically brilliant, has had no major problems playing as an inverted winger against the low blocks...that said, Sterling became more and more an odd duck in Pep's plan to unlock the low blocks, many times losing possession with a loose first touch, holding the ball too long, errant passes, etc....in fairness, when he finally started to get the bulk of his time on the right side he became much more effective again...he could use his pace to get wide and beat defenders to the endline while playing off his strong foot...I thought he became an asset again when he moved to the right...one question I have was it Pep or was it him that preferred him on the left...if he pressed for time on the left he did himself no favors...I also always got the impression that Raz over rated himself a bit...thought he was much better than he actually is...but that's just my opinion from watching him on the pitch and I freely admit might not be the case at all...In any case he obviously wants more in terms of money and PT than City are prepared to offer so he's decided to find both elsewhere...kudos to City for moving now and recouping a fair sum in return...I wish him well and say thanks!...as an aside bashing Raz on his way out IMO is both unwarranted and unnecessary...

Sterling is a product of his environment...he's good, not great...but on this squad he was able to get "great" results playing with the likes of DS, KDB, and Kun...while everyone raves about his movement overlooked is that only the top 5% of players in the world could have gotten him the ball thru those type of windows, thus the tap ins and missed sitters...also, when afforded space to run in behind diagonally from the left as a right footed player he flourished, like in 2017-18, 19...his regression with us started after that when basically everyone decided the only way to stand a chance at beating City was to put 9 men behind the ball in a low block and hope for something on the counter...this was the worst case for a player like Sterling who lacks precision, is spotty in possession, needs space, and very importantly has no left foot....conversely Mahrez, who is technically brilliant, has had no major problems playing as an inverted winger against the low blocks...that said, Sterling became more and more an odd duck in Pep's plan to unlock the low blocks, many times losing possession with a loose first touch, holding the ball too long, errant passes, etc....in fairness, when he finally started to get the bulk of his time on the right side he became much more effective again...he could use his pace to get wide and beat defenders to the endline while playing off his strong foot...I thought he became an asset again when he moved to the right...one question I have was it Pep or was it him that preferred him on the left...if he pressed for time on the left he did himself no favors...I also always got the impression that Raz over rated himself a bit...thought he was much better than he actually is...but that's just my opinion from watching him on the pitch and I freely admit might not be the case at all...In any case he obviously wants more in terms of money and PT than City are prepared to offer so he's decided to find both elsewhere...kudos to City for moving now and recouping a fair sum in return...I wish him well and say thanks!...as an aside bashing Raz on his way out IMO is both unwarranted and unnecessary...
Good post. Sums it up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.