Rained off ?

I should have added that none of these were called off when we were losing. When the 9 games were re-arranged, we won 3, drew 2, and lost 4 (including the derby).
Refs had an agenda even then.................

Charlton Athletic at the Valley in the mid sixties. All the way down there. Got that horrible feeling on the coach when everyone was walking away from the ground. And AC Milan in '77/'78. UEFA Cup in the San Siro. Fogged off. Played Thursday afternoon. Paul Power and Brian Kidd scored in a 2-2 draw.

Seem to remember stood in the Kippax against Southampton at home in the 90's and the Maine Road pitch was like a swimming pool. The ball could barely be passed 10 yards and ended up splashing about in big puddles.

It didn't get abandoned but thought it was going to. Anyone remember this, can't remember the scoreline/date or goalscorers?

I remember this as I was stood in the open end corner pi$$ed wet through trying to get warm against one of the pipes against the walls near the north stand. John Wark passed the ball back to their keeper and it got stuck in a puddle and ooh Vonky Vonky (who was playing as an emergency centre forward at the time) ran onto it and wellied it.

Was the replay where rocky rocastle did his bit of magic near the touchline and crossed it for Carl Griffiths to score.

babyape said:
the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
mscenterh750 said:
That's the one I was thinking in 94 when Michel Vonk scored and Ingebrigsten played but didn't score, and I had a feeling it was Ipswich.

You were right mate. Ingebrigtsen and Vonk scored, remember it 'cause it would've been his first goal for the club. Called off almost instantly after Kare scored with us 2-0 up IIRC. City won the rearranged fixture 2–1.

Is this the one??

4410757829_4e542a9acd.jpg

v. Tottenham at their place mid '90's.

Got corporate and the rugby was on - England v. someone so most stayed in the corporate box and watched it. Not me, though.......went to the bar and the players came in. I had a pint with Uwe Rossler - a nicer person you could not meet. Also met Paul Walsh who was very humble. Peter Beagrie was a good bloke as well.

Wish I could say the same for Niall Quinn and Keith Curle who came over as being very arrogant. But they are TOO big to argue with - think anyone who has met them will agree; especially Quinn.

All in all, had one of the best football days in my life; went with a Millwall mate of mine who was most impressed with Uwe and mentioned ' think I'll start supporting City.....!!! ' - he didn't switch.

Got p****d and well fed for free - great day.......

Best part though was singing ' buy a pitch, buy a pitch...' etc and 2 other Blues joining in...........!!!

GREAT day..............

northstandgiveusasong said:
Seem to remember stood in the Kippax against Southampton at home in the 90's and the Maine Road pitch was like a swimming pool. The ball could barely be passed 10 yards and ended up splashing about in big puddles.

It didn't get abandoned but thought it was going to. Anyone remember this, can't remember the scoreline/date or goalscorers?

Yes I do remember that match because I got held up in a traffic jam for an hour and was a bit late getting in the ground. It was 92/93 season and Mike Sheron got the only goal.

mansour's tow ropes said:
i remember being 4-0 up away at Burnley after half an hour and being a nervous wreck thinking the game would be called off and have to be replayed

city, ruining 4-0 scorelines since...
Which two players scored for City and are still playing for the club?

lancs blue said:
northstandgiveusasong said:

Yes I do remember that match because I got held up in a traffic jam for an hour and was a bit late getting in the ground. It was 92/93 season and Mike Sheron got the only goal.

Nice one mate! Yeah can recall it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.