Ramadan Kareem

Ajay

Just wanted to wish all our Muslim fans Ramadan Kareem and at the same time wish all our non-Muslim fans understand what Ramadan is and hope they join us in appreciating this the Holiest month in Islam:

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar. Every day during this month, Muslims around the world spend the daylight hours in a complete fast.

During the blessed month of Ramadan, Muslims all over the world abstain from food, drink, and other physical needs during the daylight hours. As a time to purify the soul, refocus attention on God, and practice self-sacrifice, Ramadan is much more than just not eating and drinking.

Muslims are called upon to use this month to re-evaluate their lives in light of Islamic guidance. We are to make peace with those who have wronged us, strengthen ties with family and friends, do away with bad habits -- essentially to clean up our lives, our thoughts, and our feelings.

The Arabic word for "fasting" (sawm) literally means "to refrain" - and it means not only refraining from food and drink, but from evil actions, thoughts, and words.

During Ramadan, every part of the body must be restrained:

The tongue must be restrained from backbiting and gossip.
The eyes must restrain themselves from looking at unlawful things.
The hand must not touch or take anything that does not belong to it.
The ears must refrain from listening to idle talk or obscene words.
The feet must refrain from going to sinful places.

In such a way, every part of the body observes the fast.

Ramadan is a time to practice self-restraint; a time to cleanse the body and soul from impurities and re-focus one's self on the worship of God.

In the Quran, God proclaims that "fasting has been written down (as obligatory) upon you, as it was upon those before you", by many this has been regarded as a reference to the Jewish practice of fasting on Yom Kippur.

Laylat al-Qadr, considered the most holy night of the year, is the night in which the Quran was started to be revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH - Peace be Upon him), the "Night of the Power". Muslims believe it to have occurred on an odd-numbered night during the last 10 days of Ramaḍan.

Every day during the month of Ramadan, Muslims around the world get up before dawn to eat Sahur, the pre-dawn meal, then they perform the Fajr prayer (the first prayer of the day).

They have to stop eating and drinking before the call for prayer starts until the fourth prayer of the day, Maghrib (currently around 6:50pm in the UAE). Muslims may continue to eat and drink after the sun has set until the next morning's Fajr prayer call. Then the process starts all over for 29 or 30 days.

The Islamic holiday of Eid ul-Fitr marks the end of the fasting period of Ramadan and the first day of the following month, after another new moon has been sighted. The Eid falls after 29 or 30 days of fasting, per the lunar sighting. Eid ul-Fitr means the Festival of Breaking the Fast; a special celebration is made. Food is donated to the poor (‘Zakat al-Fitr’), everyone puts on their best, usually new, clothes, and communal prayers are held in the early morning, followed by feasting and visiting relatives and friends.

So there you are, I started Ramadan yesterday and had the pleasure of breaking my fast while watching the game.

So to you all, Muslim and Non-Muslim - I wish you Ramadan Kareem.

Ajay said:
Just wanted to wish all our Muslim fans Ramadan Kareem and at the same time wish all our non-Muslim fans understand what Ramadan is and hope they join us in appreciating this the Holiest month in Islam:

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar. Every day during this month, Muslims around the world spend the daylight hours in a complete fast.

During the blessed month of Ramadan, Muslims all over the world abstain from food, drink, and other physical needs during the daylight hours. As a time to purify the soul, refocus attention on God, and practice self-sacrifice, Ramadan is much more than just not eating and drinking.

Muslims are called upon to use this month to re-evaluate their lives in light of Islamic guidance. We are to make peace with those who have wronged us, strengthen ties with family and friends, do away with bad habits -- essentially to clean up our lives, our thoughts, and our feelings.

The Arabic word for "fasting" (sawm) literally means "to refrain" - and it means not only refraining from food and drink, but from evil actions, thoughts, and words.

The hand must not touch or take anything that does not belong to it.
The feet must refrain from going to sinful places.

In such a way, every part of the body observes the fast.

Ramadan is a time to practice self-restraint; a time to cleanse the body and soul from impurities and re-focus one's self on the worship of God.

In the Quran, God proclaims that "fasting has been written down (as obligatory) upon you, as it was upon those before you", by many this has been regarded as a reference to the Jewish practice of fasting on Yom Kippur.

Laylat al-Qadr, considered the most holy night of the year, is the night in which the Quran was started to be revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH - Peace be Upon him), the "Night of the Power". Muslims believe it to have occurred on an odd-numbered night during the last 10 days of Ramaḍan.

Every day during the month of Ramadan, Muslims around the world get up before dawn to eat Sahur, the pre-dawn meal, then they perform the Fajr prayer (the first prayer of the day).

They have to stop eating and drinking before the call for prayer starts until the fourth prayer of the day, Maghrib (currently around 6:50pm in the UAE). Muslims may continue to eat and drink after the sun has set until the next morning's Fajr prayer call. Then the process starts all over for 29 or 30 days.

The Islamic holiday of Eid ul-Fitr marks the end of the fasting period of Ramadan and the first day of the following month, after another new moon has been sighted. The Eid falls after 29 or 30 days of fasting, per the lunar sighting. Eid ul-Fitr means the Festival of Breaking the Fast; a special celebration is made. Food is donated to the poor (‘Zakat al-Fitr’), everyone puts on their best, usually new, clothes, and communal prayers are held in the early morning, followed by feasting and visiting relatives and friends.

So there you are, I started Ramadan yesterday and had the pleasure of breaking my fast while watching the game.

So to you all, Muslim and Non-Muslim - I wish you Ramadan Kareem.

yes ramadan kareem.

Now, a bit off-topic but would you have any idea about the lescott saga?

Ajay said:
J

There's Bluemoon out of the window for you!
Ramadan Kareem

no sex during daylight hours would that come under physcical needs,if so thats me shafted 'i like a quickie in the office at noon'

I had a few muslim friends growing up and in high school, I'll never forget them munching on bacon butties at break and dinner during ramadan then saying "Don't tell my mum", made me laugh everytime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.