Random City Players

Duncan Davidson was during Billy Mcneill's time as manager wasn't he? He signed a lot of fellow Scots didn't he! Some were pretty decent for a while Parlane, Tolmie , Melrose and Mcnab (very underated imo!).
Wouldn't put old Dunc in that bracket, think he did however once score a last minute winner at Maine Road(or was it the equally memorable Dom Sullivan?).
From memory the goal wasnt a contender for goal of the month, I think it hit the post, rolled along the line, hit the keepers arse and went in (still, they all count don't they)
Game in question was against Swansea I think and the keeper might have been Dai Davies (who I'm sure Martyn Margetson based his game on!)
Good memory for the goal.

Duncan Davidson was during Billy Mcneill's time as manager wasn't he? He signed a lot of fellow Scots didn't he! Some were pretty decent for a while Parlane, Tolmie , Melrose and Mcnab (very underated imo!).
Wouldn't put old Dunc in that bracket, think he did however once score a last minute winner at Maine Road(or was it the equally memorable Dom Sullivan?).
From memory the goal wasnt a contender for goal of the month, I think it hit the post, rolled along the line, hit the keepers arse and went in (still, they all count don't they)
Game in question was against Swansea I think and the keeper might have been Dai Davies (who I'm sure Martyn Margetson based his game on!)
That's the one Blue. How times have changed.

Back in the day I worked for City when reserve games were played at the athletics arena during the Keegan days. The game was shit, can't remember who we were playing , but we were bored shitless so started trying to put together a team if shit foreign City signings. We were struggling for one more midfielder. Just then Bernard Halford walked in, so we asked him to assist and without even thinking he came out with... ....Alfons Groenendijk
Good call Bernard
RIP
Remember when he signed and Reid reckoned he could open a tin of peas with his left foot.

On another thread there was a mention of the 0-0 draw at Torquay in the LC in '83. I was at the game and after checking the line-ups on BM, Ian Davies was at LB and for the life of me I couldn't remember anything about him.
Did Dominic Sullivan play in that game?

The Stockport trio of Stewart Lee, Terry Park and Bill Williams.
Probably not 5 appearances between them

Maicon.

Treble winning and considered best RB on the planet. Few months later faces Gareth Bale and you see what might be the biggest 1v1 dismantling of all time over 2 games. Then we sign him after winning the league in that horrendous window. And suprise suprise he's shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.