Random City Players

John Foster lad from Hyde I think.

My only recollection of him is playing in a 2-0 away win at Newcastle in the League Cup. It sticks in my mind because he had the collar of his shirt up and my mate spent the whole 90 minutes screaming at him… You ain’t Cantona, get your collar down you ****.

A few years and managers before Machin!
Buckley played in the 2nd Leg of the 1981 League Cup semi final at Liverpool.
He played as Tommy Hutchison (and Gow and MacDonald) were Cup tied.
He tore Phil Neal apart that night. We drew 1-1 on the night but had lost 1-0 in a controversial game at Maine Road
I remember that game ; the perfectly fair headed goal by Reeves, disallowed for . . . . "illegal jumping" . They had PIGMOL back in those days too.

I actually met up with Ian Scott last week in Tampa!
He fell out with Machin and Machin just fucked him around.
His final game was Brighton away in April 89 - a game which saw 7 of the Youth Cup winning team start the game
View attachment 85322
Machin could be a prick at times ; I remember Jason Beckford NEVER getting the playing time his talent deserved.

Abdul Razak
I do vaguely remember him but don’t remember what games he played in.

Just looked at his career and he’s only played 120 games in his career and he’s been a professional player for 12 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.