Rangers coming to Stretford

ayrshire_blue said:
FPM.

No, i've maybe worded my post a bit wrong so for that I apologise.

After the trouble Rangers caused the last time, I expected there to be thread about them. That's fair enough.

What I don't like though is the fact each thread turns into an argument of "who's the best fans out of rangers and celtic" when most folk on here have absolutely no idea.

Yes, there were riots. But both that lot of fans run a mock every single week down here causing trouble, getting away with everything bar murder.

-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:32 pm --

Dubai Blue said:
It's all this 'second team' bullshit that does my head in. You either support Celtic/Rangers or City. You can't support both; it's simply not possible or even justifiable. I await loads of shit from our Irish and Scottish brothers but you are essentially wrong and deep down you know it. I couldn't give a fuck who wins the Outer Mongolian 2nd division and that's about how much relevance Scottish football has with Manchester City. If you want to follow us, follow us. If you want to follow us and continue supporting one of the two most biggoted teams on Earth then fuck off and leave us be. We neither need you or want you.

DubaiBlue, thanks. 100% spot on.

I'm surprised at all of the negativity towards our blue brethren from north of the border. I was always brought up with the perception of: if you were City, chances are you'd rather Rangers win & if you were a rag, then you'd rather Celtic win.

I'd always presumed that this was down to the rags being considered more of a Catholic club & City being considered more of a Proddie club in the early 1900's.

I have plenty of Jock relatives who are all Rangers & all City, who come down to a fair few City game every season.

Didn't anybody else grow up with this perception & develop a genuine liking of Rangers?

Hope Weiss rips em apart.

Maly Wilson said:
ayrshire_blue said:
FPM.

No, i've maybe worded my post a bit wrong so for that I apologise.

After the trouble Rangers caused the last time, I expected there to be thread about them. That's fair enough.

What I don't like though is the fact each thread turns into an argument of "who's the best fans out of rangers and celtic" when most folk on here have absolutely no idea.

Yes, there were riots. But both that lot of fans run a mock every single week down here causing trouble, getting away with everything bar murder.

-- Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:32 pm --

DubaiBlue, thanks. 100% spot on.

I'm surprised at all of the negativity towards our blue brethren from north of the border. I was always brought up with the perception of: if you were City, chances are you'd rather Rangers win & if you were a rag, then you'd rather Celtic win.

I'd always presumed that this was down to the rags being considered more of a Catholic club & City being considered more of a Proddie club in the early 1900's.

I have plenty of Jock relatives who are all Rangers & all City, who come down to a fair few City game every season.

Didn't anybody else grow up with this perception & develop a genuine liking of Rangers?

With respect, that's a load of bollocks IMO and frankly we could do without all the sectarian shit from north of the border being imported onto this forum. There are plenty of Protestants who support the rags and plenty of Catholics who support City and even more atheists who couldn't give a flying fuck about the Old Firm.

lancs blue said:
Maly Wilson said:

With respect, that's a load of bollocks IMO and frankly we could do without all the sectarian shit from north of the border being imported onto this forum. There are plenty of Protestants who support the rags and plenty of Catholics who support City and even more atheists who couldn't give a flying fuck about the Old Firm.

With respect, what's a load of bollox? The fact that City were considered a proddie club in the early 1900's & United were considered a catholic club so this is where I PRESSUMED the links came from?

Or that I was brought up with the believing that in general if you were City, then you would be more likely to be Rangers & if you were Unioted then you would more likely be Celtic?

How is anything I mentioned sectarian? I'm talking about the origins of our club over 120 years ago.

lancs blue said:

+1 but without any respect. Please keep even the faintest whiff of monkey brained sectarian shyte away from our club.

Maly Wilson said:
lancs blue said:

With respect, what's a load of bollox? The fact that City were considered a proddie club in the early 1900's & United were considered a catholic club so this is where I PRESSUMED the links came from?

Or that I was brought up with the believing that in general if you were City, then you would be more likely to be Rangers & if you were Unioted then you would more likely be Celtic?

How is anything I mentioned sectarian? I'm talking about the origins of our club over 120 years ago.

City were not formed as a "Protestant" club. St Marks was a Protestant church but all locals were welcome to join the cricket and football clubs that were set up regardless of denomination. Neither club has ever pursued any kind of sectarian policy in regard to players or managers so I just don't get this perceived religious divide in Manchester football. Even if it did apply in the early 1900s as you insist it certainly has little or no relevance now. As I said, plenty of Protestants follow the rags and plenty of Catholics support City.

lancs blue said:
Maly Wilson said:

City were not formed as a "Protestant" club. St Marks was a Protestant church but all locals were welcome to join the cricket and football clubs that were set up regardless of denomination. Neither club has ever pursued any kind of sectarian policy in regard to players or managers so I just don't get this perceived religious divide in Manchester football. Even if it did apply in the early 1900s as you insist it certainly has little or no relevance now. As I said, plenty of Protestants follow the rags and plenty of Catholics support City.

Please read my posts again as it seems you have the wrong end of the stick. I couldn't give a toss what religion people are & I completely agree that nowadays it has no relevance whatsoever, I just PRESUMMED (didn't say it was fact) that most blues preferred Rangers to Celtic & this is where it originated.

Hence the reason for me being surprised at the negativity towards Rangers on here.

I even asked the question if anybody else had been brought up with the belief that City & Rangers had a link & United & Celtic had a link.......

Take a chill, just because somebody mentions religion & football it doesn't mean it's sectarian.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:34 am --<br /><br />
BobbyLazarus said:
lancs blue said:

+1 but without any respect. Please keep even the faintest whiff of monkey brained sectarian shyte away from our club.

Nothing sectarian in my comments whatsoever. Football + religion doesn't have to mean secarian. The origins of our club was a Church of England, so I made an assumption that City had ties to Rangers because of this.

PC madness!!!!!!

Maly Wilson said:
lancs blue said:

Please read my posts again as it seems you have the wrong end of the stick. I couldn't give a toss what religion people are & I completely agree that nowadays it has no relevance whatsoever, I just PRESUMMED (didn't say it was fact) that most blues preferred Rangers to Celtic & this is where it originated.

Hence the reason for me being surprised at the negativity towards Rangers on here.

I even asked the question if anybody else had been brought up with the belief that City & Rangers had a link & United & Celtic had a link.......

Take a chill, just because somebody mentions religion & football it doesn't mean it's sectarian.
Unfortunately where Celtic and Rangers are concerned that's precisely what it does mean and is the reason why I and I suspect many other City fans have no wish to be "linked" to either Glasgow team.

lancs blue said:
Maly Wilson said:

Take a chill, just because somebody mentions religion & football it doesn't mean it's sectarian.
Unfortunately where Celtic and Rangers are concerned that's precisely what it does mean and is the reason why I and I suspect many other City fans have no wish to be "linked" to either Glasgow team.

That's an unfortunate state of society mate. Most of them won't even go to any sort of church, so how they can even go for the sectarian side of things, I've got no idea. Too much hate in the country. In fact too many threads about hating this team & that team if I'm honest. I hate the rags & leeds (had an incident with Leeds fans in 1990 in the walkway behind Platt Lane stand).

Shame that even mentioning football & religion brings out negative thoughts in people.

Sorry Maly. This time, with respect, if someone has told you there is any religious element to football support in Manchester, then they have misled you. There is none. Growing up in 1960's Manchester, I never encountered it. I've never encountered it at City.

I don't feel strongly about much, but attempting to attach any racist / sectarian / ultra shit to this club needs to be squashed at source. It isn't PC. We just don't want any of the Cetlic/Rangers crap here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.