Rangers coming to Stretford

BobbyLazarus said:
Sorry Maly. This time, with respect, if someone has told you there is any religious element to football support in Manchester, then they have misled you. There is none. Growing up in 1960's Manchester, I never encountered it. I've never encountered it at City.

I don't feel strongly about much, but attempting to attach any racist / sectarian / ultra shit to this club needs to be squashed at source. It isn't PC. We just don't want any of the Cetlic/Rangers crap here.

Fair play, 1960's is before my time. I've never had any interest in religion, so have no idea about Manchesters religious history.

I never said it was fact about any ties being due to religion, it was just something I pressumed growing up knowing our origins of St Marks. Thank you for giving me your point of view about it. I totally agree about not attaching any racist/sectarian/ultra shit to our club. City's the closest thing I'll ever get to a religion, so that'll do me.

Maly, must admit it is a bit confusing, I DID have a similar perception during the 70`s and remember the Kippax singing `Rangers-Celtic-Rangers-Celtic` on the odd occasion but always thought it was light-hearted, the explanation I was given was that it was a way of fans saying whether they were Catholic or Protestant (depending on which one you chanted) how true that was I don`t know and didn`t really care and still don`t, I personally saw it no different to the chants moments later of `Tiswas-Swapshop-Tiswas-Swapshop`, again shouting about which one you prefered to watch.

Fuck me. I didnt start this thread to cause a fucking religious debate. If you want to talk about religion go to a fairytale forum

borninm14 said:
blue jim said:
aye cuz opposition to a war they disagree with is wrong apparently.

do you mean opposition to everything British , the country where you live pal , or perhaps you should contemplate leaving our shores if you dislike it so much.
Eh excuse me? How about Britain leaves my shores ye prick.

everyone has a right to their opinions, I bet you Celtic fans would have less opposition to "everything British" if the British and pro Unionist Scottish establishment actually showed some respect for the club instead of trying to shut the club down for refusing to take down a tricolour and show absolute distain for the club at any oppurtunity.. Didnt just happen to Celtic either, Hibs had the same problems too and they dont even identify with Irish Republicanism. When you've had the big brave British Army wreck everything you own looking for guns because you happen to be born in a Republican area in Belfast, come telling me to respect them then.

So wise up and wash yer face.

blue jim said:
borninm14 said:
do you mean opposition to everything British , the country where you live pal , or perhaps you should contemplate leaving our shores if you dislike it so much.

everyone has a right to their opinions, I bet you Celtic fans would have less opposition to "everything British" if the British and pro Unionist Scottish establishment actually showed some respect for the club instead of trying to shut the club down for refusing to take down a tricolour and show absolute distain for the club at any oppurtunity.. Didnt just happen to Celtic either, Hibs had the same problems too and they dont even identify with Irish Republicanism. When you've had the big brave British Army wreck everything you own looking for guns because you happen to be born in a Republican area in Belfast, come telling me to respect them then.

Great big fucking yawn. Take your politics elsewhere, preferably up your arse.

Maly Wilson said:
lancs blue said:
With respect, that's a load of bollocks IMO and frankly we could do without all the sectarian shit from north of the border being imported onto this forum. There are plenty of Protestants who support the rags and plenty of Catholics who support City and even more atheists who couldn't give a flying fuck about the Old Firm.

With respect, what's a load of bollox? The fact that City were considered a proddie club in the early 1900's & United were considered a catholic club so this is where I PRESSUMED the links came from?

Or that I was brought up with the believing that in general if you were City, then you would be more likely to be Rangers & if you were Unioted then you would more likely be Celtic?

How is anything I mentioned sectarian? I'm talking about the origins of our club over 120 years ago.

I have been told this is true. People get very touchy about it though

Dubai Blue said:
blue jim said:

No. If he quotes me telling me to get out of "his" country, he will get a fuckin reply.

blue jim said:
Dubai Blue said:
No. If he quotes me telling me to get out of "his" country, he will get a fuckin reply.
It's all bullshit and has nothing to do with Manchester City, so let's just pack it in. All talk of Rangers and Celtic should be banned from this forum as it always ends up the same way. Quite why certain people who claim to be City fans feel so strongly about two shit teams from a no-mark league in another country is beyond me.

Maly,

With all due respect. Why do you feel obliged to "prefer one of the two"?

Do you feel this way about ajax and feyenoord? Ac and inter? Olympakos and panathinikos?

Catch my drift, they should both be insignificant scum to any city fan unless you had a real reason to support one of them (lived in Glasgow, avid supporters within the family etc). Unfortunately your proddie catholic theory is everything that's wrong with the full thing. I'm catholic and I couldn't despise Celtic or rangers more than I already do.

Dubai Blue said:
blue jim said:

It quite a serious argument they having but that made me laugh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.