Rangers thread 2024/25

Why would they overspend though?

They have more than enough to win the domestic trophies.

Celtic are cash rich by Scottish standards but still lost ,arguably, their best player to Bournemouth who were in the championship at the time( could be wrong about championship). They are paupers in comparison to the likes of Southampton who have taken their best players in the past.

Celtic can’t compete with teams at the top in UCl and this is proven with them being the poorest team over the last 20 years in the tournament and Rangers the worst over a group stage. It’s where Scottish football is

We had people nearly wetti g themselves about Killie scraping past the Partick Thistle of Norwegian football!!

Celtic have just spent £9.5 million on a second choice striker!

Dermott has it spot on. Spend enough to be ahead of the competition but throwing money at achieving European success makes no financial sense. It’s their prudence that has you where you are

Be careful what you wish for.
Yeah true. Scottish football is just a tiny pond in European football now.

Like you say Celtic wanna make the knockout phase of the CL but it really is a huge ask for any club from Scotland to do that. It's the same for all of the smaller leagues now.

As you allude to, globalisation and the concentration of wealth, power and talent in the top 5 European leagues has created a money and power imbalance now. So clubs that are traditionally strong in their own countries and even in Europe can no longer compete in the CL.

Not saying anything new there obviously but just reiterating.

Like you say if Celtic chase the dream too much in Europe it could end up affecting their bread and butter - winning the league every season. But it can also be looked at as Magicpole does - a lack of ambition in the biggest competition.

But we will see if anything ever changes.

Why would they overspend though?

They have more than enough to win the domestic trophies.

Celtic are cash rich by Scottish standards but still lost ,arguably, their best player to Bournemouth who were in the championship at the time( could be wrong about championship). They are paupers in comparison to the likes of Southampton who have taken their best players in the past.

Celtic can’t compete with teams at the top in UCl and this is proven with them being the poorest team over the last 20 years in the tournament and Rangers the worst over a group stage. It’s where Scottish football is

We had people nearly wetti g themselves about Killie scraping past the Partick Thistle of Norwegian football!!

Celtic have just spent £9.5 million on a second choice striker!

Dermott has it spot on. Spend enough to be ahead of the competition but throwing money at achieving European success makes no financial sense. It’s their prudence that has you where you are

Be careful what you wish for.
You know how we both love games in Europe and even more so, if we had a team that put up a show. I know that we will never compete with the rich clubs, but we aren’t even competing with teams on our level and even below. That’s a complete lack of ambition. Everybody knows the positions we need as a matter of urgency. Not at home, but absolutely in the CL.

This is also good financially. We build a better team, we win more games, earn more money, then have a team good enough to negotiate the qualifiers, securing another £60m or more if we get out the group. So you have to invest to give yourself a chance. We aren’t talkings bout four £15m players. We are talking about four £7-8m younger players who can step right in. That’s totally within our means and no threat to our financial stability. We have just secured £7m more for you failing to qualify. We have Frimping money incoming, more now than if he went last year. We have sold Lawal,Oh and that winger, for nearly £9m. We have £80m in the bank. We have informed the Stock Exchange of significant increased profits. We sell Matt that’s another £30m. We have banked circa £60m in the CL.

We can afford it. There is no excuse. You know you can’t bring players in because you don’t have a coin. That’s a ****, but it’s reality. We have the money, but if we fail to invest it, that’s negligence.

Plus, having a team capable of doing a lot better in Europe, guarantees we dominate at home.

Fair enough. Seems a balanced enough take. It will be very difficult but might as well give it a go. If I am still posting I will give some thoughts on your games if I get to see them. Probably be watching other games though but we will see.
If we get the players I am talking about, and we get better than we are currently playing, you will want to watch us. Would love to hear your thoughts when it all kicks off. And you’re right. All we are asking for us to give us the best fighting chance possible within our means and not putting us in debt. That’s not a lot to ask for. Or it shouldn’t be.

If we get the players I am talking about, and we get better than we are currently playing, you will want to watch us. Would love to hear your thoughts when it all kicks off. And you’re right. All we are asking for us to give us the best fighting chance possible within our means and not putting us in debt. That’s not a lot to ask for. Or it shouldn’t be.
Fair play. I will try to watch some of your 8 group games. It should be interesting. Some of my mates I play football with are Rangers and Celtic fans.

I will watch some Rangers EL games as well.

Yeah true. Scottish football is just a tiny pond in European football now.

Like you say Celtic wanna make the knockout phase of the CL but it really is a huge ask for any club from Scotland to do that. It's the same for all of the smaller leagues now.

As you allude to, globalisation and the concentration of wealth, power and talent in the top 5 European leagues has created a money and power imbalance now. So clubs that are traditionally strong in their own countries and even in Europe can no longer compete in the CL.

Not saying anything new there obviously but just reiterating.

Like you say if Celtic chase the dream too much in Europe it could end up affecting their bread and butter - winning the league every season. But it can also be looked at as Magicpole does - a lack of ambition in the biggest competition.

But we will see if anything ever changes.
Our board chasing the dream to the point of bankrupting us? You have a lot to learn Grasshopper. So very much. More chance me becoming a Rangers fan. Our board are strictly a, first out of the taxi, last into the pub, bunch.

Our board chasing the dream to the point of bankrupting us? You have a lot to learn Grasshopper. So very much. More chance me becoming a Rangers fan. Our board are strictly a, first out of the taxi, last into the pub, bunch.
Hahaha true, I didn't think that one through lol.

But I meant hypothetically.

I will watch some Rangers EL games as well.
Don’t do it to yourself!!!

I had a choice today of going to Hampden for our cup game or Beith juniors v Largs Thistle. I’m heading down to Beith shortly and will watch Rangers on the TV.

Don’t do it to yourself!!!

I had a choice today of going to Hampden for our cup game or Beith juniors v Largs Thistle. I’m heading down to Beith shortly and will watch Rangers on the TV.
Fair enough mate, maybe I won't then. I will try to watch more Scottish football this season than I have been though.

I did watch Hearts v Rangers two weeks ago, the league opener, and I thought Hearts were likely the better team. Not sure if you agree. Rangers didn't look fit and Hearts had high intensity and were so up for it. In saying that Dessers missed a chance or two.

Enjoy the Beith v Largs game. Always good to see some real lower level football.

Fair enough mate, maybe I won't then. I will try to watch more Scottish football this season than I have been though.

I did watch Hearts v Rangers two weeks ago, the league opener, and I thought Hearts were likely the better team. Not sure if you agree. Rangers didn't look fit and Hearts had high intensity and were so up for it. In saying that Dessers missed a chance or two.

Enjoy the Beith v Largs game. Always good to see some real lower level football.
Should be a good game today. Beith won the league last season and Largs have started well this season.

I thought Hearts started well in the opening game but after the first 20 created little to nothing. That said they could have been 2 up in the first 20! Actually thought it was a very good 0-0. Dessers is just Dessers. He gets into great position but more often than not fails to score

Should be a good game today. Beith won the league last season and Largs have started well this season.

I thought Hearts started well in the opening game but after the first 20 created little to nothing. That said they could have been 2 up in the first 20! Actually thought it was a very good 0-0. Dessers is just Dessers. He gets into great position but more often than not fails to score

Yeah they came out the blocks quite quick, and yeah I quite enjoyed it in between my Olympics viewing. Yeah Dessers isn't up to much is he. The annoying thing for him (if you are a Rangers fan) is that he shows the - occasional - glimpse of good link up play, and his movement is good sometimes, but he just can't finish. It would be infuriating.

Fair enough, have fun bud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.