Rangers thread 2024/25

Hate both Old Firms clubs, but it could honestly be 30 years before Rangers win the title again. They're finished.

I mean Celtic are a poor team by European standards, but Rangers are absolutely terrible.

Hate both Old Firms clubs, but it could honestly be 30 years before Rangers win the title again. They're finished.

I mean Celtic are a poor team by European standards, but Rangers are absolutely terrible.
Thanks for that cheery thought. Hahaha

That ‘absolutely terrible’ team were in a Major European final just two years ago.

Rangers are struggling to get rid of the deadwood that previous managers have left us with. Once they are moved on I’m sure we will start moving in the right direction.

‘30 years’ Really? 30 months is a sad possibility but I highly doubt it’ll take 30 years

Thanks for that cheery thought. Hahaha

That ‘absolutely terrible’ team were in a Major European final just two years ago.

Rangers are struggling to get rid of the deadwood that previous managers have left us with. Once they are moved on I’m sure we will start moving in the right direction.

‘30 years’ Really? 30 months is a sad possibility but I highly doubt it’ll take 30 years
Yeah, I remember guys I know (who I don't respect) making that point about the EL Final in 2022. I said they'd get found out in the CL the next season, which is what happened. Let's be brutally honest, the run to the EL Final involved a lot of things lining up for the club. Plus, there's been a decline in the last two years anyway.

Rangers are going nowhere for me. The club is cursed. The entire club is a shambles from the inept board down. It doesn't matter who you bring in, Celtic (who I also don't rate at European level) have a financial advantage and aren't as badly run as you.

'Rangers are struggling to get rid of the deadwood that previous managers have left us with. Once they are moved on I’m sure we will start moving in the right direction.'

Comments like that are just your false hope I think. There's no evidence for that comment based on the recent past. We have heard that loads of times. I said Clement seemed like a deer in the headlights when he first came in and look how bad his tactics and man management are now.

Clement will resign or there will be a mutual parting of ways, the next poor manager will come in. You'll get rid of some deadwood and then sign new players who will be the deadwood in 5 or 6 years. Rinse and repeat.

You sound very confident about the 30 years thing, but it could easily have been almost 15 already except for a solitary title (taking into account you were out the league for several years). Even if it doesn't take 30 years, I would be amazed if you won more than three or four over the coming decades (maybe that is more realistic so I will alter it to one title on average every decade). Celtic are on a severe run of dominance that doesn't look like ending soon. It's Bayern and PSG level dominance (with the odd title being won by Rangers/Leverkusen/Lille). The overall point is that you're a very distant second and will live off scraps. Whether that's no title for 30 years or a few. The only thing that stops that in my opinion is Celtic imploding.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Old Firm dominance of Scottish football. In an ideal world neither club would win the title. I don't like Celtic any more than I like Rangers, and I in fact come from a family of Rangers fans. But as it stands, the smart money is always on Celtic.

I don't think you realise quite the predicament your team is in.

Also, you were saying Rangers would definitely win the league last season. You seem a nice enough fella but I do think you lean on the 'positive' side and don't quite realise how bad it is. That's just my honest opinion mate.

You are honestly as screwed in Scottish football as Man United are in English, in my opinion.

If you look on Rangers fans sites there's guys saying these same things. Plenty of them seem resigned to it.

It's just my honest take and not intended to offend. I always try to give my honest opinion, even if some don't like to hear it. I am not saying I am definitely right but I firmly believe the above will happen.

Like I say, you seem a good guy but I don't think you are able to face up to just how bad it is. Understandable as you love the club, but still.

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember guys I know (who I don't respect) making that point about the EL Final in 2022. I said they'd get found out in the CL the next season, which is what happened. Let's be brutally honest, the run to the EL Final involved a lot of things lining up for the club. Plus, there's been a decline in the last two years anyway.

Rangers are going nowhere for me. The club is cursed. The entire club is a shambles from the inept board down. It doesn't matter who you bring in, Celtic (who I also don't rate at European level) have a financial advantage and aren't as badly run as you.

'Rangers are struggling to get rid of the deadwood that previous managers have left us with. Once they are moved on I’m sure we will start moving in the right direction.'

Comments like that are just your false hope I think. There's no evidence for that comment based on the recent past. We have heard that loads of times. I said Clement seemed like a deer in the headlights when he first came in and look how bad his tactics and man management are now.

Clement will resign or there will be a mutual parting of ways, the next poor manager will come in. You'll get rid of some deadwood and then sign new players who will be the deadwood in 5 or 6 years. Rinse and repeat.

You sound very confident about the 30 years thing, but it could easily have been almost 15 already except for a solitary title (taking into account you were out the league for several years). Even if it doesn't take 30 years, I would be amazed if you won more than three or four over the coming decades (maybe that is more realistic so I will alter it to one title on average every decade). Celtic are on a severe run of dominance that doesn't look like ending soon. It's Bayern and PSG level dominance (with the odd title being won by Rangers/Leverkusen/Lille). The overall point is that you're a very distant second and will live off scraps. Whether that's no title for 30 years or a few. The only thing that stops that in my opinion is Celtic imploding.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Old Firm dominance of Scottish football. In an ideal world neither club would win the title. I don't like Celtic any more than I like Rangers, and I in fact come from a family of Rangers fans. But as it stands, the smart money is always on Celtic.

I don't think you realise quite the predicament your team is in.

Also, you were saying Rangers would definitely win the league last season. You seem a nice enough fella but I do think you lean on the 'positive' side and don't quite realise how bad it is. That's just my honest opinion mate.

You are honestly as screwed in Scottish football as Man United are in English, in my opinion.

If you look on Rangers fans sites there's guys saying these same things. Plenty of them seem resigned to it.

It's just my honest take and not intended to offend. I always try to give my honest opinion, even if some don't like to hear it. I am not saying I am definitely right but I firmly believe the above will happen.

Like I say, you seem a good guy but I don't think you are able to face up to just how bad it is. Understandable as you love the club, but still.
If you think I’m overly optimistic you haven’t read my views on any game we’ve played this season. I actually believe we will struggle today against an average St Johnstone team at home.

I agree the club , at the moment, is a complete shit show. The stadium situation is an embarrassment. That will be resolved within a few months and at last our disabled support will be situated in a decent position. This is long , LONG, overdue.

I’ve actually said I believe Hearts can push us for second place this season and I have said I think we will certainly be closer to Hearts than we will be to Celtic. That’s if we remain the same by the end of the window.

Your Man Utd analogy isn’t far from the mark. Both clubs have a support that have been brought up on success or at least the expectations of success. Self entitlement is rife in both supports! Looking for the short term fix is certainly not the answer!

Slippy G was backed by King and spent heavily and won one trophy out of 10! Failed to qualify for champions league against 10 man Malmo! We had offers for players but he blocked these sales costing the club £30 ish million and after failing to reach group stages of champions league , costing another £30 ish million, left for Villa. For some reason he is looked on fondly by the support!

We brought in GvB who took us to a kick away from being the first Scottish club to win two major European trophies, I’m not counting Aberdeens glorified friendly, He never lost a domestic cup game. He was told to sell Bassey and Aribo bringing in £30ish million. Not sure if Patterson was sold under GvB? Anyway he had to sell some our better players. Under GvB we qualified for UCL group stages bringing in £30ish million. Yet for reasons known only to the board he wasn’t allowed to strengthen going into that UCL campaign and then we were hit by an injury crisis the likes I’ve not seen in 50+ years of watching football. We ended up with Leon King and the hapless James Sands (midfielder) as our centre back pairing and people wonder why we got pumped by a rampant Napoli, Ajax (with Bassey) and Liverpool. lol. What a group to be in !! Btw that same Liverpool knocked 7 past United at the time we were playing that group! Anyway qualifying for the group stages , IMO, cost GvB his job as our support can’t face the fact we are a million miles away from competing in the Champions League!

The support had made their mind up and Rangers brought in Michael Fucking Beale!! I can’t even go there as I’m just depressing myself here hahahaha.

The time is for calm heads and take a short term hit for long term success. We have a young squad and given time I’m sure Clement is the man to lead the whole club forward. His biggest obstacle is the vocal self entitled fuckwits that ‘support’ Rangers.

If you think I’m overly optimistic you haven’t read my views on any game we’ve played this season. I actually believe we will struggle today against an average St Johnstone team at home.

I agree the club , at the moment, is a complete shit show. The stadium situation is an embarrassment. That will be resolved within a few months and at last our disabled support will be situated in a decent position. This is long , LONG, overdue.

I’ve actually said I believe Hearts can push us for second place this season and I have said I think we will certainly be closer to Hearts than we will be to Celtic. That’s if we remain the same by the end of the window.

Your Man Utd analogy isn’t far from the mark. Both clubs have a support that have been brought up on success or at least the expectations of success. Self entitlement is rife in both supports! Looking for the short term fix is certainly not the answer!

Slippy G was backed by King and spent heavily and won one trophy out of 10! Failed to qualify for champions league against 10 man Malmo! We had offers for players but he blocked these sales costing the club £30 ish million and after failing to reach group stages of champions league , costing another £30 ish million, left for Villa. For some reason he is looked on fondly by the support!

We brought in GvB who took us to a kick away from being the first Scottish club to win two major European trophies, I’m not counting Aberdeens glorified friendly, He never lost a domestic cup game. He was told to sell Bassey and Aribo bringing in £30ish million. Not sure if Patterson was sold under GvB? Anyway he had to sell some our better players. Under GvB we qualified for UCL group stages bringing in £30ish million. Yet for reasons known only to the board he wasn’t allowed to strengthen going into that UCL campaign and then we were hit by an injury crisis the likes I’ve not seen in 50+ years of watching football. We ended up with Leon King and the hapless James Sands (midfielder) as our centre back pairing and people wonder why we got pumped by a rampant Napoli, Ajax (with Bassey) and Liverpool. lol. What a group to be in !! Btw that same Liverpool knocked 7 past United at the time we were playing that group! Anyway qualifying for the group stages , IMO, cost GvB his job as our support can’t face the fact we are a million miles away from competing in the Champions League!

The support had made their mind up and Rangers brought in Michael Fucking Beale!! I can’t even go there as I’m just depressing myself here hahahaha.

The time is for calm heads and take a short term hit for long term success. We have a young squad and given time I’m sure Clement is the man to lead the whole club forward. His biggest obstacle is the vocal self entitled fuckwits that ‘support’ Rangers.
Fair enough mate - that's a good and balanced post and you seem a fair man. I will try to get more to it later if I find the time as I have a couple of things to do before the PL games. And you're right, I hadn't read your recent views on recent games. I am thinking more on the macro than micro level though - guys like you seem sound so for lads like you I guess it would be good for them to start improving. The issue is I think we disagree on the long-term prospects of the club.

Overall though, that is a very fair and balanced post in the main. I agree that there's a lot of knee-jerkers too (and maybe I referenced them). Old Firm fans are very spoiled generally. However, I remain unconvined that Clement is the right man for the job. In his defence though, I am not sure who would be. I don't think even Pep or Rinus Michels could get some of these players to perform competently. He isn't helping himself at the moment though.

But overall, a balanced, civil, eloquent and generally fair enough post.

I also agree by the way that Gerrard is a poor manager who gets too much credit for his Rangers spell and cost the club millions.

Btw I’m not sure why you are belittling Rangers Europa league win. On that run we knocked out Dortmund winning 4-2 away! Knocked out Red Star , Braga and RB Leipzig. It was a fantastic achievement for a club outwith the Top 5 leagues. We were very unfortunate to lose to Frankfurt who had knocked out Barcelona and West Ham (who won conference following season)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.