Rap...

While the majority of rap music that is brought out nowadays is shite, there is no denying that an artist like eminem will never be forgotten.

de niro said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Bless the old people coming on a thread entitled with music they dont like so they can have a moan

except it isn't music, it a din, a fucking din at that.its made by people that have no talent, can't sing and will be forotton in ten years, unlike people like frank sinatra,buddy holly even cliff bloody richard.

the worse thing is the kids fall for it and and line the fucking pockets of imbeciles who talk, nay swear, though an abortion of a what they now call a "hit".

That statement is laughable. I hate music like The Beatles, but I take the evidence of record sales as proof that they do in fact have talent. Most people, even those who don't like rap will accept that Eminem is absolutely brilliant at what he does. I think cricket is an absolute shit sport, it doesn't mean i don't realise that Brian Lara wasn't a great cricketer. I wouldn't bother speaking on subjects you know little about. Especially if you come with the attitude I don't like it therefore it's shit and only people without talent do it.

wrongun73 said:
rap was late 70's/early to mid 80's...after that it went to shit, the 'rap'/ r 'n' b whats out now is offensive to all but the most retarded of ears!

Well said this man ^^^

This is probably the best Rap record ever made...

Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diiL9bqvalo[/youtube]

Although I do rate Eminem (and I'm over 40 years old)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOKMWSR2Aio&feature=related[/youtube]
No comments about Run DMC yet?!?! Come on, these guys must be one of the most important bands of the last 25 years or so. They redefined hip hop as we knew it back then. In some senses, they were the first "new school" hip hop project ever. They were the true originators of the rap/rock fusion. And, along the way, the true first superstars of hip hop, helping pave the way for the multi-million dollar industry that is hip hop alone within the music industry. In short, Run DMC is as important as some of the most revered names in the pop and rock genres.

Kolarocket launcher said:
de niro said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Bless the old people coming on a thread entitled with music they dont like so they can have a moan

except it isn't music, it a din, a fucking din at that.its made by people that have no talent, can't sing and will be forotton in ten years, unlike people like frank sinatra,buddy holly even cliff bloody richard.

the worse thing is the kids fall for it and and line the fucking pockets of imbeciles who talk, nay swear, though an abortion of a what they now call a "hit".

That statement is laughable. I hate music like The Beatles, but I take the evidence of record sales as proof that they do in fact have talent. Most people, even those who don't like rap will accept that Eminem is absolutely brilliant at what he does. I think cricket is an absolute shit sport, it doesn't mean i don't realise that Brian Lara wasn't a great cricketer. I wouldn't bother speaking on subjects you know little about. Especially if you come with the attitude I don't like it therefore it's shit and only people without talent do it.

its a din, a talentless din.

Kolarocket launcher said:
de niro said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

I'll be honest and admit that I neither like nor understand rap, and while I would happily agree with another poster that it is a "din" I accept that it's had longevity; what is it, 25/30 years now? However, any rap 'song' I've ever heard has sounded pretty much like the last one.

While it's obligatory for every new generation/genre to criticise The Beatles, loftily surmising that The Beatles" do in fact have talent" based on "the evidence of record sales" whilst making the assumption - wrongly IMO - that, "Most people, even those who don't like rap will accept that Eminem is absolutely brilliant at what he does," is as naïve an argument as you could possibly make.

While they may have had a distinctive sound, The Beatles explored and pushed out the boundaries in their relatively short commercial lifetime (barely eight years - a fact that is often overlooked). The music you claim to hate changed and evolved with almost each successive release. Taking a leaf out of your book of wild assumptions, I would venture that if you don't like The Beatles, then you can't like music.

Sadly, rap shows no signs of disappearing but, to these ears at least, it seems to have been stuck in a rut for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.