Rate your cooking skills

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
No not at all, I enjoy all the meats of our multicultural stew.

hmmmm.

Nope, none of the foreign muck for me.[/quote]

I'm no Nigella and have my fair share of disasters but I love to cook from scratch and make my own sauces, pastry etc. I do ok!

When we were kids, our mother used to let us help in the kitchen - basic stuff like mashing potatoes, blending the butter, flour and sugar to make cakes and letting us scoop the mix into cake tins. We got to scrape the bowl with our finger as a treat - yummy.

My Chinese cooking improved no end after a kindly Chinese neighbour "showed me the ropes." This was 25 years ago, but I recently started cooking Japanese food with pleasing results. Getting genuine ingredients and recipes is my formula. Setting an appropriate table is also top of my agenda when entertaining.

This year I have trying my hand at Italian food after visiting Italy. Amazing how a foreign holiday can kick-start dormant taste buds. Again, using native ingredients and recipes is my mantra.

Apart from professionals, it's been said that I could give most blokes a run for their money in the kitchen. Seems like my mother's influence was not wasted on me. Thanks mum.

I'm a good cook but rarely push the boat out. Can't afford particularly good ingredients and when you're cooking for one it takes the motivation out of it somewhat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.