RAWK reacts to Suarez

Well all know that the Dutch league is one of the highest scoring leagues in the world, and know of all too many stories of players who have flopped when moved abroad. That's not to say there have been some who have gone on to bigger and better places.

I took a look at this season's goalscoring charts and Suarez is nowhere to be found, dunno if that's due to injuries but he didn't convince me in the Champions League this season, El Hamdoui his partner was far more impressive.

I cant believe the disgust over what he did at the World Cup - I applaud him for it. In the same situation I would do it myself and I would want any City player to do the same in an important game.

I must admit I haven't seen much of him in the Dutch League, although I did see the biting incident. Aside from that and the diving I think he looks a good player - but it will be interesting to see if he is a partner for Torres or a replacement.

Is he eligible to play for Liverpool in the Europa? Ajax have dropped down and he has played for them so I doubt it but confirmation would be reassuring, as if Torres goes, they'll be left with Ngog in Europe

he has 7 in 13 this season in Eredivisie, but was banned for 7 games because of his bite.

Won't be able to play in the Europa I don't think:

18.07 As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA
Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for
more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally,
however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second or third qualifying
round of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to
play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another
club as from the group stage, provided that his former club did not qualify for
the group phase of either the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa
League; moreover, as from the start of the round of 32 (round of 16 for UEFA
Champions League), a player can be registered in accordance with
paragraphs 18.17 to 18.20 below. For the avoidance of doubt, a substitute
player who has not been fielded is entitled to play for another club competing
in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the course of
the same season, provided that he is registered

Where have they got the money from to buy him ?

Have they ambushed a security van?

he wont be able to play in europe as he's already played for ajax in there this season. as for him becoming a flop, its 50/50, the likes of babel and samaras, but horseface, robben, kut and stam did decent enough jobs here

Good player but £22m? Are you having a laugh? and they had the balls to criticise our spending?

Think he'll be a great signing for them. Be interesting to see how he reacts being thrown in at the deep end if Torres goes.

cptaidan88 said:
I cant believe the disgust over what he did at the World Cup - I applaud him for it. In the same situation I would do it myself and I would want any City player to do the same in an important game.

I must admit I haven't seen much of him in the Dutch League, although I did see the biting incident.

I didn't know anything about the biting until this evening, but I think it is disgusting.

As for the handball in the World Cup, I agree; I would have done exactly the same.

And it proved to be the correct course of action when Gyan missed the resulting penalty and Uruguay won the shoot-out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.