RB Leipzig (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Who was providing the crosses ?
KDB was providing them, so too was Foden, Alverez etc etc, They werent "on a plate". He'd be flying through the air.... Last night he couldnt score from 2 yrds. How does KDB make that easier?

Owen Hargreaves talked shite. Especially since Haaland is averaging 4 shots per game this year, last seaason it was less (With KDB). Different sample sizes, but to me putting KDB on the pitch doesnt suddenly make Haaland score those chances that he is missing.

I wasn't calling for Haaland to be dropped, but to be withdrawn in favour of Alvarez, because clearly last night wasn't his night.

The Tories aren’t scrapping HS2, they’re just rediverting the money into other transport schemes.

Hes getting into the positions, once he starts scoring again he wont stop.

But he wont get going if we drop him. I am sure Pep knows that, its a confidence thing.
I wasn't calling for Haaland to be dropped.

It clearly wasn't working for him last night, so I was calling for him to be subbed when this became obvious to all. I was surprised to see a very good Foden withdrawn & Haaland left on. Why was this?

I get the feeling there's a fear that subbing Haaland without him scoring will cause too many awkward questions to be asked, hence he stays on whether it's the best for the team or not.

It's like last season. Commentators kept counting down the minutes in every match until Haaland scored. Regardless of the score beforehand, the anxiety was there until he did, & then everyone could breathe with relief. That is ridiculous pressure like I've never seen or heard of before.

Forgetting about last season, if this was Liam Delap playing last night, Pep would've hooked him earlier for Alvarez & left Foden on.

I suppose these are the superstar man management moments we keep hearing about. 12 touches & 2 goals we can swallow, but according to Sofascore, he's had 21 touches across 180 minutes of football in the 23/24 CL season so far, with 0 goals.

Which other player would be afforded not being hooked with those stats, especially as we had other viable options? \⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

I think its time for Grealish to be phased inside, he clearly has the tempo and ability to keep the ball that would suit that position more. Getting the ball, running at the defender and then turning to pass back or sideways just isn't cutting it when we have lost the directness of Mahrez and the late runs of Gundo. I actually think he could be a real player for us in the middle, maybe playing somewhere between Rodri and Alvarez?

I agree, having Jack playing on through the middle rather than the flank be a much better proposition.

KDB was providing them, so too was Foden, Alverez etc etc, They werent "on a plate". He'd be flying through the air.... Last night he couldnt score from 2 yrds. How does KDB make that easier?

Owen Hargreaves talked shite. Especially since Haaland is averaging 4 shots per game this year, last seaason it was less (With KDB). Different sample sizes, but to me putting KDB on the pitch doesnt suddenly make Haaland score those chances that he is missing.
We don't have Rodri available against Arsehole, but if we go with a similar starting 11 & tactics & it's still not working for Haaland & we need a goal, what then? Leave him on in hope?

It'll come good for Haaland soon, I'm sure of that, but at what point do we put winning matches above playing a player back into goal scoring form?

It's not like Haaland has offered us much else outside of banging in insane amounts of goals.

It's a difficult conversation that needs to be had.

Alvarez is his own man. He doesn't rely on Haaland for much. He put himself about & his effervescence pulled Leipsig out of their rigid formation from which we scored two goals, without any involvement from Haaland.

Add the jeopardy of Doku to the Julian mix, & the result was the welcomed goals which our dominance deserved.

Haaland had his chances. Last season, near enough everything he touched hit the back of the net. He's got 7 already this season, but more worryingly, it's the amount of clear cut chances he's missing which is causing me concern.

Tonight wasn't his night. We'd have been better subbing him around the 70 Mon mark for Julian & kicking on from there.

Just my personal opinion mate... )(
Without Haaland occupying their defense Alvarez doesn't get the space to do what he does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.