RB Leipzig (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

The utter gluepots on rawk were questioning the impartiality of match officials who officiated in City's cl games after being involved in games played in the UAE. Seems they may have been disappointed.
xx.gif

Re: Man City - Cheating Bastards - 115 Charges - Nothing To See Here

« Reply #442 on: October 2, 2023, 09:40:08 pm »

Quote from: mikey_LFC on October 2, 2023, 09:12:00 pm

I was bored enough to actually check this. As far as I can see, only one ref. I don't see anything particularly suspicious about the performances though, if that's what you were wondering.

The Portuguese ref last season ( Artur Soares Dias) reffed them twice last season.
First one was 4 days before he reffed in the UAE, a group stage game against FC Copenhagen.
He disallowed a Man City goal, then game them a penalty, then sent off a City player.
It wasn't a particularly important game - City had already won their first 3 games, and a draw was enough for them to qualify for the knock-outs with 2 games to spare. They even rested Haaland.

Second game was 6 months later, the 1nd leg of the Semi against Real, which finished 1-1
My son in law is a life long season ticket holder at Anfield as his father and mother before. He himself and others are embarrassed by RAWK and their many absolutely crack pot statements and theories.

He and his mates do not hate City and look forward to every match they play us. He reckons that the worst of the worst are the Irish and Southern tourists.

At what point in the future would you say Haaland just causing fear isn't enough?

He'll come good soon, but without goals his football limitations are being cruelly exposed & this concerns me longterm.
This is the most pertinent question. Some are suggesting it should be far sooner than it actually ever would be.

If he comes good before his credit runs out, we will never know how much credit he actually has in the bank.

There‘s only one person that I can see who has suggested he he dropped on the pre-match Arsenal thread.

My son in law is a life long season ticket holder at Anfield as his father and mother before. He himself and others are embarrassed by RAWK and their many absolutely crack pot statements and theories.

He and his mates do not hate City and look forward to every match they play us. He reckons that the worst of the worst are the Irish and Southern tourists.
A bit convenient to be blaming the Irish and the cockneys. I was at Anfield the night of the bus attack. The sheer unbridled hatred for all things Manchester that night was appalling. And it wasn't coming from tourists.

He'll start Sunday.he needs a run of games. No way will Pep bench him.would make o sense at all.

Didn't see whole match so can't argue with your assessment, but I did see highlights which showed one audaciuos, instinctive pass up and over the RPL defence,can't remember who to.. but it was absolutely brilliant.It would appear all our attacking players are capable of breath taking skill moments...we must be a nightmare to defend against.

A player as determined and talented as Jack Grealish will always rise again, if you remember where he came from...Inc Notts county on loan,
Its clear he is an exceptionally motivated professional footballer.
I agree he needs a run of games but not starting either the tarquins. He gave the ball away for their goal and offered no attacking threat. He’s too predictable always coming back inside.

Easy night only made difficult for spells by ourselves with our own poor passing.

We aren’t quite in our stride this season, we look a bit off in our passing and finishing but our relentlessness of possession tired them out in the end and they were gone.

Lewis and Foden played well, Álvarez was brilliant when he came on.

Leipzig are a very poor side.
Leipzig is a top 10 squad in Europe...

Every single team we play against will spend most of their week worrying how to stop Haaland. They will devote HUGE amounts of time doing it. And on match day when he is double-marked etc, it frees up space for the likes of The Dok, Alvarez and Foden to run into. If you're not on top form then Haaland has the ability to just score 3 or 5 against you. I bet Arteta has spent all this week watching videos of him.

He's having a dry spell at the minute. All great strikers have them, even the ones who's records he shredded like Aguero and Shearer.

We also have to remember that we never normally start well and - already - he's top of the scoring charts.

Some players when they play just have to have special attention because they are so good and Haaland is one of them. He's an absolute nightmare to play against and once he finds his boots, God help the team we're playing again as he will fucking hammer them on his own!

This is the most pertinent question. Some are suggesting it should be far sooner than it actually ever would be.

If he comes good before his credit runs out, we will never know how much credit he actually has in the bank.

There‘s only one person that I can see who has suggested he he dropped on the pre-match Arsenal thread.
Few are suggesting he's dropped or sold. The point most are making is why he's not being substituted in matches where it's evident he's being ineffective & it's not his day?

Because he causes fear in the opposition doesn't wash with me... \0/

Just been on to the Hoofoot web site and captured our last two goals against Leipzig using Video Media Capture. I will never tire of seeing those classic goals. I know Phil's was very good also but that goal from Julian was just sublime and his measured pass to Doku superb. The other reason I wanted to capture those goals was to watch Doku's celebration - he is going to be a fantastic addition to an already immense squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.