RB Leipzig (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

That ref last night was largely anonymous. Just as it should be. He was outstanding, I thought, and evidently lacking in the main character ego of most of the chimpanzee refs in the PL.
There is that one baldy Spanish ref who gives us nothing in the CL due to his hatred of Catalan Pep, but even he is more even handed than most Prem refs we have to suffer

That ref last night was largely anonymous. Just as it should be. He was outstanding, I thought, and evidently lacking in the main character ego of most of the chimpanzee refs in the PL.
One if there players should’ve been yellowed and sent off lots of fouls especially the one were he went through the back of Rico

One if there players should’ve been yellowed and sent off lots of fouls especially the one were he went through the back of Rico

ref must have said "dont worry, just push the city players in the back all through the game, no booking for this"

Mad isn’t it? We‘ve also had to contend with a shorter break and the come down of completing football and have started the season better than last year.

We‘ve only lost one game that Haaland has played.

Maybe it's time we sold him.
Makes me feel like I've walked into the Twilight Zone sometimes. Newcastle was par and Wolves was crap, fine, but people would be selling off Haaland and Grealish because they don't think they will ever win us anything. Like have you woken up from a coma? Are you fucking high?

KDB was providing them, so too was Foden, Alverez etc etc, They werent "on a plate". He'd be flying through the air.... Last night he couldnt score from 2 yrds. How does KDB make that easier?

Owen Hargreaves talked shite. Especially since Haaland is averaging 4 shots per game this year, last seaason it was less (With KDB). Different sample sizes, but to me putting KDB on the pitch doesnt suddenly make Haaland score those chances that he is missing.
KDB makes him a better player though and KDB takes us to another level when he plays . Haaland stats and record are mind blowing and he will be scoring bucket loads sooner or later . Last 3 or 4 games have been a struggle for all the team it happened last season aswell before and after the World Cup but we still ended up winning the treble . Some fans expect too much every footballer even world class icons have dips in form but class always tells in the end .

Something else to come out of last nights result / performance is the fact Doku terrifies defenders is a very good player and a fantastic impact player. A great weapon to have ! Not saying he is a weapon but you know the drift……… ;-)

Something else to come out of last nights result / performance is the fact Doku terrifies defenders is a very good player and a fantastic impact player. A great weapon to have ! Not saying he is a weapon but you know the drift……… ;-)
It would have been easy for Doku to have run offside when Alvarez passed the ball for the third goal, but he judged the timing perfectly and finished with aplomb.
Does anyone know what his celebration means? Does it have significance?

ref must have said "dont worry, just push the city players in the back all through the game, no booking for this"
The utter gluepots on rawk were questioning the impartiality of match officials who officiated in City's cl games after being involved in games played in the UAE. Seems they may have been disappointed.
xx.gif

Re: Man City - Cheating Bastards - 115 Charges - Nothing To See Here

« Reply #442 on: October 2, 2023, 09:40:08 pm »

Quote from: mikey_LFC on October 2, 2023, 09:12:00 pm
Did the refs in question happen to ref City at all in Europe in each year?
I was bored enough to actually check this. As far as I can see, only one ref. I don't see anything particularly suspicious about the performances though, if that's what you were wondering.

The Portuguese ref last season ( Artur Soares Dias) reffed them twice last season.
First one was 4 days before he reffed in the UAE, a group stage game against FC Copenhagen.
He disallowed a Man City goal, then game them a penalty, then sent off a City player.
It wasn't a particularly important game - City had already won their first 3 games, and a draw was enough for them to qualify for the knock-outs with 2 games to spare. They even rested Haaland.

Second game was 6 months later, the 1nd leg of the Semi against Real, which finished 1-1

And there is the fact that his being on the pitch means that the opposition usually use a couple of defenders to double up on him, thus freeing up space for others.
And when the opposition realise they have to have at least one player to pick up Julian (if that's possible) where does that player come from? Midfield, defence? It will just create an overload somewhere else.
Pep/Erling may just be waiting for just that.

Thought the ref let a few rough tackles on our boys go last night but on the whole was significantly better than what we have to put up with in the Premier League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.