RB Leipzig (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Just had a thought which made me smile after Two group games
Manchester City 2 wins 5.6 mil euros in the bank
rags 2 losses 0 .0 euros in the bank
Not everyone can win in Europe apparently

It would have been easy for Doku to have run offside when Alvarez passed the ball for the third goal, but he judged the timing perfectly and finished with aplomb.
Does anyone know what his celebration means? Does it have significance?
I absolutely loved the way Doku took the pass,running without breaking stride,such composure! It was almost nonchalant. Like he was running on a beach without a care in the world.
Class move,class finish.

Great win. Grealish was poor though - I’d bench him for Sunday
He'll start Sunday.he needs a run of games. No way will Pep bench him.would make o sense at all.

Didn't see whole match so can't argue with your assessment, but I did see highlights which showed one audaciuos, instinctive pass up and over the RPL defence,can't remember who to.. but it was absolutely brilliant.It would appear all our attacking players are capable of breath taking skill moments...we must be a nightmare to defend against.

A player as determined and talented as Jack Grealish will always rise again, if you remember where he came from...Inc Notts county on loan,
Its clear he is an exceptionally motivated professional footballer.

Phil, Rico and Josko were the best, I thought. Having such direct players in Juli and Doku coming off the bench to secure the win was exceptional.

Get Stones back soon and we'll start really cooking.

Having him on the pitch creates fear and uncertainty and causes the opposition to play in a way that “manages” him rather than them playing the way they want to. Whether he scores or not, he’s integral to what we do.

Liam Delap wouldn’t create fear in an U13s game.
And this season I'm seeing that fear evaporate by the game, leaving us essentially a man short.

I hope he soon justifies that fear & starts converting the multitude of chances he's currently missing.

Subs work sometimes and don’t in others. Changing players doesn‘t guarantee goals.

What you have done is have a natural reaction of “we’re not winning, we must change things. Why can’t Pep see this?”, which is common.

Pep doesn’t make substitutions like that. He saw we were controlling the game and so will have been relatively happy. The subs last night were probably more fitness related than personnel playing poorly. That’s why Foden was taken off rather than Haaland.

Haaland will never be Messi. He’s a Shaun Goater type goal scoring machine that doesn’t always look pretty, but can score 5 without being in the game much. It didn’t happen for him last night, but Pep won’t take him off whilst he’s scratching around for confidence.

That’s man management for you.
My reaction was to look at the weakest link, & last night for me we mostly carried a misfiring Haaland who contributed very little. It could've been any other player & I'd fee the same.

Yes we were controlling the game, but their keeper remained relatively untroubled until Julian & Jeremie entered the fray.

I want all our players to flourish, but as Lescott & Hargreaves alluded to last night, we need to address the Haaland situation.

Our squad's too small, & he's too vital for him to be merely causing fear, but missing great chances he should be at least be getting on target.

I hope he returns to form against Arseholes, but what if his present form continues & we desperately need a goal.

Do we keep him on because he's causing fear?

At what point in the future would you say Haaland just causing fear isn't enough?

He'll come good soon, but without goals his football limitations are being cruelly exposed & this concerns me longterm.

It would have been easy for Doku to have run offside when Alvarez passed the ball for the third goal, but he judged the timing perfectly and finished with aplomb.
Does anyone know what his celebration means? Does it have significance?
It’s the Griddy. Big in the states (a favorite of tween age boys). It was popularized by Justin Jefferson who plays in the NFL. But I believe the “dance” was started by a LSU (college) student.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.