RB Leipzig (A) | Post Match Thread

In my opinion it was a fascinating game of football which in many ways was a perfect European away game result. We set out to control the game as Leipzeig are on a good run of form and we have lots of testing away games in a row. The result though should have been better, I thought Gvardiol climbed all over Dias for their goal and we were somehow denied the clearest penalty I have ever seen. As away goals no longer count there was no need to go gung ho for extra insurance and we were pretty comfortable all night. Its HT and we have home advantage which will hopefully count in our favour. I would not underestimate them though as they can play and will be dangerous.

The conundrum though is Haaland and how do we get the best out of his talents. At the moment its a learning curve. We are simply not used to having a centre forward like him and he is not used to a team that plays the game based on possession. I think Pep is trying to solve the conundrum as he tried playing Mahrez inside last night and maybe it could be said the threat posed by Haaland allowed Mahrez the space to score from a position we don't often see him do. Ideally we would have a David Silva in there but sadly we do not and Foden's career trajectory appears to have stalled for the time being and Bernardo is used more in a 6 role nowadays (one i think that suits btw). I do get peoples frustrations that Haaland is not found and we play square balls, last night though I thought control was more important than trying to find Haaland because of their ability on the transition, which to be fair is pretty fucking good.

Before the game I would have taken a draw, a draw was what we got and now the onus is on us at home to put them to bed and with hopefully Kev available we will do just that,
Agree with all that

However dont you think as good as Bernardo has been he is wasted as the 6 - his talents are better further forward and can add that bit more of a creative spark.
Foden has stalled slighty but again he is not being used to his full potential and is scared of losing the ball

Dont agree on their goal but i do agree on the penalty incident

The other issue is (and I get what you are saying about getting a result away at a difficult place and team as that is what Pep has said as well) but its still risky as Leipzig are perfectly suited to playing on the break and defending deep if they want....I dont see it being any different in the 2nd leg and they could easily score a couple on the break - plus they will have Nkuku back who is even better in those scenarios....If it wasnt for Ederson and poor finishing they could have had at least 2 more

All internationals mate, we can't be that bad Shirley.
How many would get in the top international squads/teans

Does grealish, Mahrez for instance....? I dont think they do.....

Ederson doesnt get in his

Gundo at the end of his career..so is KDB (how poor was he at the WC)

Agree with all that

However dont you think as good as Bernardo has been he is wasted as the 6 - his talents are better further forward and can add that bit more of a creative spark.
Foden has stalled slighty but again he is not being used to his full potential and is scared of losing the ball

Dont agree on their goal but i do agree on the penalty incident

The other issue is (and I get what you are saying about getting a result away at a difficult place and team as that is what Pep has said as well) but its still risky as Leipzig are perfectly suited to playing on the break and defending deep if they want....I dont see it being any different in the 2nd leg and they could easily score a couple on the break - plus they will have Nkuku back who is even better in those scenarios....If it wasnt for Ederson and poor finishing they could have had at least 2 more
They absolutely can beat us at home, they are a good side and the CL always comes down to fine margins, those margins never seem to go in our favour either.

Before last nights game, I wanted Phillips to start alongside Rodri to give us a stronger base resulting in Bernardo being further forward, but that would have meant one of Gundo or Mahrez on the bench.

I think it’s just habit, we haven’t played with a traditional number 9 for a while so we haven’t looked to play those runs except in or around the box. Gundogan, Grealish, Foden, Rodri and Mahrez are all capable of playing those passes, just need to get in the habit again.
No pace in anyone of those players & that's where the biggest problem lies

You can see more watching live, when we give it away in daft midfield positions the counter Absalutely kills us 9 x out of 10

2 reasons - we are slow getting back into position because all our midfield 3 are to far up, Rodri is slow & our LB or RB has pelted up the pitch also & Ederson doesn't save them, we simply pick the fookin ball out of the net

I would give Ortega a decent run & would also look at 1 of our many young rapid kids in the u21 team

It's there to see, you don't need to be thick or stupid, this team needs a mini rebuild otherwise its Peters out as top 4 & maybe squeeze a Semi Final if lucky

Hunger has dropped imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.