RB Leipzig (A) | Post Match Thread

Sorry, but tonight tells us that it's over for Pep. Thanks for some amazing years, but it's obvious that 10 mins before Lepzeig equalized that changes needed to be made and he did fuck all again.

We have a worldie striker, and we can't get the ball to him, that's poor coaching from Pep. We have a big squad and he won't make a sub, we piss about around the box and then pass back before the half-way line.

Not a chance we win the Cl with Pep, sorry but he's a stubborn old goat who refuses to change and he will cost us the league this season.
That’s why Bayern were glad to see the back of him

I don't say sell Haaland. But there is a reason why Pep abandoned 4-3-3. So 'sell Haaland' is more about incompatibility of those two. We are just constantly playing with a player down. It was fun when he was scoring twos and threes with 9 touches, but after the WC when the team looks spent, his lack of touches and general involvement became a problem.

In terms of the tie we are in a good position, return leg at home. One thing in the back of the players mind would have been to not be out of the tie after the first leg so I can understand to an extent why we didn’t go forward as much.

However this pattern of play is a worrying trend this season. Foden and Alvarez would have absolutely made an impact in that game

Only caught the 2nd half.

Thought we looked mediocre as fuck and nowhere near a team who will win the competition.

However, the cheating is now not even hidden.

Definite foul for their goal. Definite handball / penalty just ignored at the end.

I just expect it now.

In complete control 1st half, but created little, Pep City teams of the past would be walking off at HT 2 or 3 up with so much control. 2nd half there were some really poor performances, like being able to make a simple pass, Rodri and Walker were the main culprits but not alone. Very sloppy, nobody was subbed off, because of the poor passing we were wide open at the back, and a blind man could see the equaliser coming before it actually happened.

Feel really sorry (yet again) for Haaland, an overhaul of that midfield and wide area's are required if we are to get the best out of him. Midfielders who actually have the ability and confidence to play a forward pass of more than 5 yards, and wide players who are actually capable of playing a first time pass, or beat the full back on the outside, instead of coming inside time after time and killing all momentum.

Last edited:
I'm not pissed off, I expect it. It happens in every single Champs league knock out game we play. Their goal should have been ruled out for their player climbing all over Dias stopping him from jumping.

Totally corrupt competition.
I know.
I just get my hopes up that this year will be different but it never is.
It's the hope that kills you...

Having said that I can't really complain I guess when I remember the biggest game of the season used to be playing Wolves under Kevin Keegan while we were trying to get promoted... that was a really fun season though!!

1-1 is not a bad result in the bigger scheme of things.

I think Realists all know we have no real chance of winning the Trophy.

Main reason is Pep Guardiola. Great manager at picking a team to win a League over a Season.

When it comes to game management in the latter stages of the Champions League there is none from him.We have seen it with him time, and time, again in the Champions League at this stage.He does fuck all to change the game when he really needs to,You knew tonight he would change absolutely nothing.Just sit there watching us struggle with Gundogan dead on his feet from 60 minutes, it was criminal.He would have likely made a Sub only if Red Bull had gone 2-1 up,likely Alvarez on 89 minutes.

Sure we have squad limitations.We could negate this occasionally by using a few Subs in games where players over 30 are struggling .

Haaland will not be with us next season if his team mates keep on ignoring him.It is becoming ridiculous.Watching the poor lad making intelligent runs off the Ball every game.Only to see his team mates turn their backs on him and play the Ball backwards.It is happening every game.His first touch in the Box tonight was on 67 minutes.

We are obsessed with keeping possession of the Ball.So much so that 9/10 times when we get to opposition penalty area.We always,always, over play the Ball, and lose the opportunity.Frankly it is becoming boring to watch,You sit there screaming at the Telly "JUST HIT THE FUCKING THING.

If you read this Pep,we had 36% possession against Arsenal,played more direct and won 3-1 using Haaland more directly.Why not try playing more direct most games instead of boring us to fucking death for large parts.Passing for the sake of passing is pointless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.