RB Leipzig (A) | Post Match Thread

Pep seems to despise him. Must be a serious lack of trust there. I’d love to know the specifics of what’s lead to this. It has to be deeper than fitness.

I've seen Phillips play enough against City at Leeds and for England to know that even if he's not good enough to be a starter here, he's more than good enough to come on for 20 minutes and shore up midfield and inject some energy into proceedings.

I don't think the weight thing was as big a deal as people made out - I think Pep was trying to send a little message to the squad and realised he messed that up a bit by singling out the new guy when he defended him and said he's not fat at the next press conference.

But something's not right there. It's like Conte or Mourinho refusing to play certain people they didn't want to buy but the board overruled them. Except this is City, and Pep rules everything.

Truer words never spoken. It was unusual to see us be better in the first half than the 2nd half. Clearly pep only gives one "pep" talk per game. Either way it's not fucking good enough, not because of the result, but because we're so fucking boring!
Someone patently doesn't agree with you. But hey; c'est la vie.

Lol. They're the 5th best team in Germany. With timo werner in the team. Jesus christ. We were so so boring and so so bad. It's ok to say it. Its ok. Its ok. Its ok.

They are 4 points off the top. They beat Madrid in the group and only finished 1 point behind it. See how the narrative can sound different?

I'm.starting to lose faith in Pep to be honest. I came to the conclusion some while back that we would never win Champions League with him at the helm. He just doesn't have it in him - he thinkers and farts about too much and bottles it in the big.games.

And now we're playing really dull boring safe football and wasting the biggest talent the premier League has ever seen it's a criminal shame. There's plenty of other managers would use the talent we have and get us playing better more attacking more productive football than this.
Get a grip.

Embarrassing

One thing that has really bothered me re our recent recruitment is the lack of athletic players we target. The midfield is crying out for some energy and pace yet we persist with slow technically gifted players. Makes us very easy to counter

That's Phillips! THat's what he did at Leeds. Famously their fittest player, who ran further and with more intensity than anyone else and snapped into tackles all day. And is a very physical player.

Last edited:
CBS is saying it wasn't a handball because if he didn't punch it away it would have hit him in the chest. I could accept that if it weren't for the fact that they'd rule that a penalty 10 times out of 10 if it were against City. Also, I wish Ederson's punches were as good as that defender's.

They're also saying Haaland isn't a passer (even though he has like 8 assists so far).

Lol. They're the 5th best team in Germany. With timo werner in the team. Jesus christ. We were so so boring and so so bad. It's ok to say it. Its ok. Its ok. Its ok.

5th team in Germany, but they are 4 points away from being leaders. Have beaten Madrid, drew Bayern and dominated both. They have lost once in like 30 games. They started very poorly the season, if not they would be leaders in Bundesliga.

You sir have no idea of football if you think we were so bad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.