RB Leipzig (A) | Post Match Thread

You and the majority of posters on here haven't got a clue about football, we didn't change tactics they did, they changed formation, they pressed higher up the pitch and the only criticism is that Pep didn't change our shape, but to say the players were shit second half is laughable...
point out where i said we were shit please
thank you

You're the one who has some sort of Save our Dave campaign going for a manager who just blew two matches in a row because he refused to do the simplest thing and make a substitution. If Pep were as infallible as you pretend he is they'd be top of the league and 3-0 up after the first leg of this tie. Instead they dropped points to a team that is playing in the PL for the first time in over a decade and another team that has a squad worth about 1/10 of what City is worth. These are inexcusable results all things considered.
Go to bed, fucking clueless..

Whats with ur smart arse comment and ur dogshit video ,there actually 4 points off the top of leauge an dropped more than that in there last few games,theyve had a great season and av got sum crackin players,what just because there not a big name u dont think there dicks big enough,do me a fuckin favour,they bagged 3 at etihad for a start last year oh and beat real madrid in group stages at home this cl also but yer post ur crap vid u spud
Ok. I mean. Usually people on here are pretty decent. I'm gonna put this down to you being as pissed off as I am about the result/performance

It's possible to understand different views on this.

As others have said, nothing sums up a Manchester City performance (and result) this season as much as that did tonight. From total control with little threat, to losing the control and automatically looking threatened. Haaland with his first touch in the opposition penalty area after 70 odd minutes perhaps tells a story of where we're at just now.

That being said, we were a ridiculous (non) decision away from earning a last gasp penalty and probably winning 2-1 away from home, and their keeper did make one really top drawer save from Gundogan at 1-1.

It's so frustrating, and people mention subs - or using players with more energy. Fine but I've seen Alvarez a few times this season have little to no impact (not having a go - he's adjusting and he's also played some blinders), Foden hasn't looked great for a long while, so where do we go from here? What could we have done differently?

1. The moment City need a decision from a ref/VAR they're screwed. Both the PL and CL have gone to court to have City removed from their competitions so they're obviously going to screw them whenever they get the chance.
2. Even if they miraculously had the penalty awarded Mahrez would have claimed it and launched it halfway to Berlin
3. If Alvarez isn't an option because he didn't have an impact in one or two appearances who is an option? What players have never once had a poor performance?
4. Foden was great at the WC and has barely had a look since coming back. Even if he hasn't been great he's still better and more attack minded than Gundogan. Who do you honestly think has a better chance of linking up with Haaland to score a goal? Your answer will tell you who should be playing.

All it was missing was the second goal, we were great first 45
Which makes the subsequent cowardly and lazy shitshow even harder to stomach

we were not great, keeper didn’t have anything to do mate.. it was pass pass pass go forward then back to rodri or walker, walker do a good run then back to bernardo pass pass then grealish will do a little run then back… it’s so predictable and teams know it how many times we been 1- nil up since world cup and lost it??!

You would think having signed the hottest striking property in Europe we would have adapted to his playing strengths.

Right now i am beginning to feel like Haaland is being deliberately frozen out in games,and it is bizarre.He might as well not be out there in a shirt, if we are determined to play with only 10 players and try to walk the Ball in to the Net every game.

Crazy to say but we are wasting Haaland talent.

Halland talent is having Beast like strength,and speed, he needs defense splitting through Balls for him to chase on to, terrorize defenses.

Pep it seems is determined to carry on playing his own unique style, the exact opposite of what Haaland actually needs.Instead of defense splitting through Balls,everything has to be worked very Slowly and patiently through the Flanks giving defenders time to get back and readjust,pack the penalty area.

Our style is killing the Lad.He was visibly frustrated tonight.

If Pep wants Haaland to fuck off to Barcelona,,or Real Madrid and score for fun he is going the right way about it.
Haaland is a great player, but he probably isnt for us. Ive said for a few years now, we should have broke the bank for Harry Kane he would flourish and fit right into our team. He drops in, links up, plays all positions per game to be involved as all our players do, and always ends up on the end of it. We got a marquee signing that year in Grealish and I know English players come at a premium. We got Erling after, cheap as well, but all that could have gone on him. I know hes a twat at Spuds with one of their own bollocks. He would have been great at City and by now one of our own

In the grand scheme of things the result is a satisfactory outcome. However, if ever there was a game of two halves, this was it. We totally dominated them in the first half and should have scored more. The 2nd half looked like we were trying to see the game out for 1-0 win, however this gave them belief and they upped their tempo & aggression; and pressed us more. I think their goal would have been ruled out for ‘climbing’ in the PL; and it was 100% a penalty. Pep’s comments on that were telling… “I know what happened”, he doesn’t mean it literally, I think he means it is something more sinister, ie, it was deliberately not reviewed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.