RB Leipzig (A) | Post Match Thread

All the doom and gloom merchants slagging pep off and the players should put all their energy into highlighting that stone wall penalty that wasn't given, corrupt, simply as that but no they would rather slag off our greatest ever manager...fucking embarrassing...
Highlighting it ? ok, and that will achieve ?

Haaland is a great player, but he probably isnt for us. Ive said for a few years now, we should have broke the bank for Harry Kane he would flourish and fit right into our team. He drops in, links up, plays all positions per game to be involved as all our players do, and always ends up on the end of it. We got a marquee signing that year in Grealish and I know English players come at a premium. We got Erling after, cheap as well, but all that could have gone on him. I know hes a twat at Spuds with one of their own bollocks. He would have been great at City and by now one of our own
Completely agree. Said similar in that summer we were linked. Kane can play as a false 9, can play as a target man and can even play as a playmaker who is also an elite finisher. Would have been ideal for peps system.

I don’t think haaland’s best attributes mesh well with peps system.

Man City boss Pep Guardiola, speaking to BT Sport: "They made a step forward and pressed higher and we had more problems to make the build-up. After the goal, we concede and we come back and played a good last 15-20 minutes. We had good chances in both halves and a good result and we go to decide it in Manchester.

"I am happy for the whole game, not just the first half. What do you expect? That we play a friendly game here? How many games have you seen from Leipzig? You expect us to come here and win 0-5? That is not a reality. This is a competition that in the group stage many important teams are out. It is difficult. We are a good team and we do many, many good things. We continued to do this. People expect us to come here and win 0-4, I am sorry we are not able to do this.

"I saw the team good, especially in the middle. I thought about Phil [Foden]. In the end, I decide to continue with what I have, especially the back four. Bernardo [Silva] was giving a lot of control in the middle.

"I didn't see it so I cannot talk, but I know what happens in these situations."

The last paragraph is referring to the penalty shout I think.

It may refer to the whole second half tbh.

Very strange game that. We were in total control first half but didn’t create enough. Second half the tactical changes saw us lose control of the match until they scored and after that we found our rhythm again. Unfortunately we had 2 great chances 2nd half and couldn’t convert either.

Can’t figure out the lack of subs, Mahrez vanished second half and Rodri was exhausted with some very ropey passes. Philips must really be training very badly to not feature at all.

If we could get Stones back in for Akanji that defence would have a bit more steel. Despite the gloom in here I still think we’re getting closer to what Pep is trying to do. We’ve much better in the last few matches though a combination of poor finishing and poor refereeing have managed to turn 2 wins into draws.

On the refereeing, I can’t comprehend how we didn’t get that late penalty and soft as it would have been their equaliser was a foul.

Kane lol. He would stuggle and he would of been part of our injuries this season if that was the case.

Everybody but Pep could see what was going to happen in that second half. He refused to shake things up, refused to fix anything. Same shit all over again. We keep throwing away leads. Newcastle, Everton, Villa, United, Forest. We are not good enough or hungry enough to win anything of note this season. Too much complacency and stubbornness.
Didn't a certain Mr M Hughes lose his job largely due to drawing games from winning positions?

Anyway, we can see - and fear - what's going to happen when we are under pressure. In fact, Ederson was actually keeping us in the game before they equalised, which is a pleasant change, as he's taken a lot of stick on here lately.

Problem tonight was that we controlled everything totally in that first half and expected a lot better than one goal from such dominance, but we created very, very little all night - even our goal came from a terrible misplaced pass by a defender,

Haaland being starved of chances/the ball is a major failure which needs putting right, pronto!

What’s the chances of Gundo starting and playing another 90 minutes this weekend?

my midfield would be

DM - Rodri
CM - Bernardo
CM/AM - Foden
LW - Grealish
RW - Alvarez

Plenty of energy, and for me would be much more creative then what we are used to recently.

What simple substitution would have won us that game and why?
Stupid question because there is no way to know. But what I do know is that City lost their grip on the match and Pep did nothing to restore it. Would Foden coming on for Gundogan have done the trick? Maybe. Would it have been the right move to take off Haaland and shore up the midfield? I don't know but it might have. The only thing I'm sure of is that what they were doing wasn't working. It's the exact same as the NF match, not only didn't they generate a scoring chance in the first half, they barely completed a pass in the final 3rd let alone in the box but somehow City ended up dropping points. If you have a match like that once I can write it off but this is twice in a row and it's concerning.

I'd like to believe that happened today because KDB wasn't available but he's been off his game for quite some time. City just don't have that engine that propels them forward anymore. They've been masking it by dominating possession but their possession hasn't been testing defenses nearly as much as it used to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.