RB Leipzig (A) | Post Match Thread

1. The moment City need a decision from a ref/VAR they're screwed. Both the PL and CL have gone to court to have City removed from their competitions so they're obviously going to screw them whenever they get the chance.
2. Even if they miraculously had the penalty awarded Mahrez would have claimed it and launched it halfway to Berlin
3. If Alvarez isn't an option because he didn't have an impact in one or two appearances who is an option? What players have never once had a poor performance?
4. Foden was great at the WC and has barely had a look since coming back. Even if he hasn't been great he's still better and more attack minded than Gundogan. Who do you honestly think has a better chance of linking up with Haaland to score a goal? Your answer will tell you who should be playing.

I mentioned about seven or eight minutes before Leipzig scored that we looked leggy in midfield and that Gundogan was looking tired and was struggling with the pace of the game. Bringing Foden on for him at that point was needed. Foden is a positive forward thing player and has pace and energy that we were really lacking.

I guess you guys are perhaps just more positive on Foden than I am this season. For me, he's been really disappointing for a while. He's been stop start in and out of the team which you could say doesn't help, but he was stop start in and out of the team when he first 'made it' with us, the difference being he made almost every one of those performances count. Recently that's just not been the case with him, he's been well off it imo and I can see why he's been left out completely.

On Alvarez, I'm not saying he's the only player to have had a poor performance. I'm saying those who suggest we'd magically have fared any better might want to check some games where he's played and we've came on here after said games moaning about the same stuff as we are tonight. Repeat this is NOT a dig at Alvarez, but a dig at suggesting it's as simple as a substitution (or two) and we win the game. It's not like that, not this season.

The proverbial game of two halves.

In the first half we were full of energy, dominated and deserved to lead. The only disappointment was we barely got Haaland involved. Gundo tried one through ball that didn't come off but after that nothing.

Then they came out second half full of energy and pressed higher up the pitch and we were pretty much nullified.
They had a some good chances and we couldn't have complained if we lost that.
Pep got out coached and the fact that he didn't even put on any subs showed that he didn't seem to know how to change it. Gundo was pretty much a passenger after 60 minutes and Grealish, apart from one through ball to Haaland did nothing except get the ball, turn pass sideways or backwards, it's getting so frustrating.

Talking about frustrating how must Haaland feel?
There were plenty of times where he could've been put through but we always choose the safe route. The one time he got a run, he pissed past Gvardiol but that was it.
Why didn't we do that in the first 15 minutes of the game?
I'm a bit pissed off knowing he had the beating of Gvardiol but we didn't know that until what the 75th minute and of course we didn't try that again!

If this lad has a future with us, we need pace at both fullback positions and upgrade both RW and LW next season.
We need to create chances for him because this just isn't working at the moment.

The last time our side under Pep played regularly with an out and out striker was probably the domestic treble winning side with Aguero. IMO, that side was the greatest to ever grace the PL.

However, our record in Europe has been better since then. Playing the false 9, controlling the game and dominating possession took us to within a whisker of back-to-back CL finals.

Now we’ve gone back to having a top class striker, Pep is trying to find the balance between both systems. As it stands we are not currently getting the most from Haaland and lack that attacking intent. At the same time, the lack of an extra midfielder in the false 9 is also leaving us more exposed and is one of the reasons we keep conceding. In a nutshell, we don’t have the attacking prowess we did with our peak Aguero side, nor do we have the solidity of the peak false 9 side.

There’s also the fact that Pep has got a squad with huge deficiencies that he is trying to compensate for.

What annoys me the most is that we could still have our most successful ever season. Arsenal are there for the taking and we can compete with any side in Europe. Yet the board massively fucked up by not backing Pep in January. This obsession with winning the ‘net spend trophy’ has allowed our rivals to close the gap to us.

Completely agree. Said similar in that summer we were linked. Kane can play as a false 9, can play as a target man and can even play as a playmaker who is also an elite finisher. Would have been ideal for peps system.

I don’t think haaland’s attributes mesh well with peps system.
i agree in some ways, but he is our and the leagues top scorer.

This is not how Guardiolas teams have played the last 15 years,as soon they are under pressure ,we can´t pass,dribble ,start to panick with the ball.We dont´ win a sinle title this season ,if we can´t improve realyl soon.We don´t get a left back anyway this summer.
Rag

Fair enough. I was patronising a little bit - mainly because of your barely coherent rant. I apologise.
Rant about what,saying that some people need to get a grip with there comments about pep an team ect,they bloody well do ,that aint a rant,its a fact,its not as if we lost and were out haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.