RB Leipzig (A) | Post Match Thread

All the doom and gloom merchants slagging pep off and the players should put all their energy into highlighting that stone wall penalty that wasn't given, corrupt, simply as that but no they would rather slag off our greatest ever manager...fucking embarrassing...
So that pathetic second half was actually the ref’s fault?
Now that is ‘fucking embarrassing’

Good 1st half, poor 2nd half. Some very dodgy 2nd half performances. Ridiculous non-pen at the end. Their goal could have been regarded as a foul on Dias.
Thought Walker was frighteningly bad in the last 20 minutes.
Play like that 2nd half performance at our place & we could be out. Again, we failed to see out a win.
Silva ran the show in the 1st half then faded in the 2nd. Rodri had an uncomfortable 2nd half.
20 to go and we were crying out for some fresh legs in midfield.
Should beat them at our place but need more dynamism than we showed for most of this match.

And so far Haaland hasn't missed many game through injury whilst he has been here.

Our style of play actually makes Haaland much safer from injury, if we are playing counter attacking football with our schedule i think he is much more susceptible from injury.

I guess you guys are perhaps just more positive on Foden than I am this season. For me, he's been really disappointing for a while. He's been stop start in and out of the team which you could say doesn't help, but he was stop start in and out of the team when he first 'made it' with us, the difference being he made almost every one of those performances count. Recently that's just not been the case with him, he's been well off it imo and I can see why he's been left out completely.

On Alvarez, I'm not saying he's the only player to have had a poor performance. I'm saying those who suggest we'd magically have fared any better might want to check some games where he's played and we've came on here after said games moaning about the same stuff as we are tonight. Repeat this is NOT a dig at Alvarez, but a dig at suggesting it's as simple as a substitution (or two) and we win the game. It's not like that, not this season.
It's weird but when Foden first started playing I didn't have half as much confidence as the rest of BlueMoon. I guess seeing him score and succeed against some European and PL powerhouses changed my mind on him and I know those performances are still inside him. If he was 30-some year old I might think he's lost a step but he's too young to just lose his ability and explosiveness.

I guess my reasoning for thinking Alvarez would have been a difference maker is that while a player can go into a slump his speed doesn't. I felt the same way about Navas when he was with City, he shouldn't have been a starter but he'd have been a great sub to some on to protect a lead. The last thing RBL wanted to see was a serious breakaway threat come on when they were in full-on attack mode. Just the threat of him and Foden might have been enough to slow them down a bit.

C,mon Ray, just look the other way and whistle and it’ll never have happened.
It’s like living in a fucking illusion - the obvious is there before all, yet the officials ignore it, the media support the officials, and the lie is ignored by the masses.
Just another 9/11 with steel melting at temperatures not possible due to the low burning temperatures of volatile aviation fuels, sky scrapers falling down in sympathy without being hit by so much as a pigeon, and a pentagon surrounded by hd security cameras hit by a commercial passenger plane that left no images and no wreckage whatsoever . . and fucking NO it wasn’t a hand ball !
Looks like one of the loonies has escaped from the matchday thread.

Our style of play actually makes Haaland much safer from injury, if we are playing counter attacking football with our schedule i think he is much more susceptible from injury.
He'll put his shoulder out by throwing his hands up in the fucking air.

No one, I doubt ever, will get us playing attacking and productive football as much as Pep has himself, we’ve had several seasons of frankly obscene stats in terms of dominance and goals.

We only need to look at rivals that haven’t had anywhere near the success levels we’ve had to see how easy it is for motivation and performance levels to slip though, let alone going through a pretty big transition in your main attacking option. For some, that can mean eighth in the premier league and being battered 5-2 in the CL. For us, despite winning continuously more, it’s still the closest challenger to the title and ultimately a good away result. Ironically with this season, I actually think we have more of a chance of winning the CL this year than most under him.

After his press conference a few weeks ago, he could lose every game for the rest of the season and I’d still have faith in him for how well he represented our club. If I add in he’s the best coach of my lifetime and what he’s treated us to on the pitch, then he deserves even more slack.

Losing faith this quickly after all of that and it being obvious we’re going to do some squad refresh in the squad in the summer, I just can’t comprehend that. I hope people realise how high our expectations are and how much of that is down to him and what he’s given us. I guarantee if they don’t, they’ll realise it when he does eventually go.
Cracking post

This thought is entering my head more and more with each passing week and each passing match which ends with more questions than answers

Why do I invest so much time, energy, emotion and expense into a sport that is looking more corrupt with every inexplicable refereeing / VAR decision or non decision?
Because it’s bent.

That’s what some on here don’t get. I’ve no problem supporting City through thick and thin. I know 1-1 is a decent result. But what I can’t ignore week in week out is the utter cheating contempt of the authorities and media. They don’t even bother hiding it on BT Sport.

You need to play a perfect game, have luck and fair refereeing to win your first Champions League. Even if we get to a final, the referee will allow a Rudiger type to assault our best player that would get me or you sent down if it happened on the street, without so much as a booking.

There really is no point. The dice are loaded and it ain’t changing anytime soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.