RB Leipzig (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Yes please. Travel from Sheffield on train and had to leave 10 minutes from end to get last train back to arrive home at midnight; miss the 10:20 and it would have been 2am.

I know many travel much further, used to travel up from Ely for games till last year.

Fantastic game, can't understand the griping, watched with my lad who lives at Piccadilly Basin so he's OK !
Good on your son, must be great for going to everything in the City.

Never understood why something like this is important, surely 8pm gives more people time to get to the match, starting at 8 instead of 7:30 means you get in bed half an hour later, I really don't see the problem.

Really pleased I went last night, thoroughly entertaining game. First 15 mins it looked like a 'Park the bus' kind of game, but to be fair both teams had a real go. Cracking goal from Grealish (the Dunney monster would have been proud of our 2nd too!!!)
At times the match felt a bit like watching a cross between a basketball match and a Keegan side, looked like scoring every time we attacked and conceding every time they did
As others have said our defence was suspect, Ake is a little out of his depth and Angelino 'skinned' Cancelo a few times!
Atmosphere I thought was okay on the whole. Normally I prefer to watch matches from the side but I was in the South Stand last night and it was pretty good where I was. Virtually no away fans doesn't help(can't really have a go at them because didn't UEFA only clear the away supporter bit last week)
Not actually read Peps comments, great manager but he does have a habit of digging at our support 'history' doesn't he. A bit more research on our support over the years and the fuck up that is the ticket office and entry to the ground may be useful!
Guy in front of me said he had a 'mare' downloading ticket, had to get a paper one and the turnstile went red. His feelings were along the lines of 'I've seen us lose to Wycombe and Lincoln etc..but this could be the final straw' Can't say I blame him!
Going back to 'history's, got home turned on sky sports news and the headlines were not about a 6:3 match but an amazing comeback on a 'magical night at Anfield' Was expecting them to have won 5:4 after being 4:0 down! Still, silly me expecting any different!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-124001_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210916-124001_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 7
Never understood why something like this is important, surely 8pm gives more people time to get to the match, starting at 8 instead of 7:30 means you get in bed half an hour later, I really don't see the problem.
Can only assume he’s a FOC who needs his cup of cocoa by 10pm these days.

Hardly any club kick off at 7:30pm in the U.K., certainly not in the top two divisions.

Having read his posts in different threads over time, he’s a glass half empty, well 3/4 empty in his/her case. Proper Victor(ia) Meldrew.

If we all turned up and always created a good atmosphere, Pep wouldn’t have anything to say. We can blame the ticket office, the phone lines, the Mets, the roads… but none of those things stop us turning up when it really matters.

And for those of us that went tonight, we were silent from 30 mins in until about the 60 min mark. Rodri gave a foul away in that period and slapped his thighs in frustration at the ref, and that slap of the thighs was the loudest noise in the ground for that whole half hour.

We can bring up all the excuses in the world, but we are very poor as a fanbase at times. The strange thing is, we can also be fantastic like at Leicester… and there’s little in between, shite or mint!
Bullshit kid, Yes they do. tried to get 5 tickets for the game but couldn't do it, gave up in the end.

Really enjoyed last night. Our defending left a bit to be desired, but you couldn't fault the entertainment level. Nine goals, including a couple of belters, a red card, an opposition hat-trick... had a bit of everything. Just a shame there weren't more away fans there, as that's often what really makes the European games special.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.