RB Leipzig (H) - Tue 14th March, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. We are competing on three fronts, till close to the end of the season. As we do, year after year after year. A disappointment, certainly, if we win nothing, not a disaster.
Disaster is going from being bigged up by a hysterical media up as nearly-quadruple winners in the previous season to already being out of the title race, out of the F.A. cup, out of the League Cup, and just about to be knocked out of the Champion's League. That's pretty disastrous. Not making top four — a definite possibility for those I'm referring to — would be full disaster level.
Agree with you about Mahrez, though. Shows up in the CL. I'd pick him, and I believe Pep will.
The way I see it is if we can’t over come Leipzig at home.. we can’t consider ourselves one of the best in Europe.. last season thought we was brilliant lapse in concentration and the dream is over. I’m sure pep will have that drilled into them.

Think we’ll see Mahrez in this one. He’s got a history of big moments in this competition. Not sure who that displaces though..
Grealish looked fucked in the second half on Saturday. He’s played a lot recently. Although he could get a rest on Saturday against Burnley.

Any win will do for this one. Our home form in the champions league is unbelievable not lost a champions league home game in 5 years!

I am ridiculously nervous for this one. This year feels like if we beat them then we’ll go the full way. I’m actually more nervous for this than Real last April which sounds stupid for a last 16 game. They’re strong too and this will be the Napoli game that Chelsea had in 2012 if we win tomorrow.

The way I see it is if we can’t over come Leipzig at home.. we can’t consider ourselves one of the best in Europe.. last season thought we was brilliant lapse in concentration and the dream is over. I’m sure pep will have that drilled into them.
Too true! Leipzig have never been one of the teams that should cause PL champions much trouble, although we made a meal of it in Germany. We need an early goal - one this side of the one EFC got at weekend, a couple more before HT and then by the 87th minute be at least three to the good. Only then, would I consider the tie secure!

Sounds like Nkunko won't be fit.

That's a positive - he only came on as a sub in the 1st leg, so the longer he's off the pitch the better imo. I rate him. Having said that, we have to focus on the team not the player, don't underestimate them and we should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.