RE: Gareth Barry, I think i'm mad...

Ahh, Gareth Barry...

When things go bad, Barry looks complete and utter shite.
When things go right, Barry did his job and yet gets overlooked.
When he's injured, everyone realizes something is missing.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
BringBackSwales said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
he kicks the ball in his own net and has the turning circle of a barge.

Says it all really, hope he leaves.

fucking hell, City player scores own goal, hang him

difference between own goal and kicking it in your net.

so you are saying that he did it deliberately? I have been told off for being rude in this forum, so I will not be rude to you, but I should be, and you know I should

Is this even classed as an opinion? It's one of the most idiotic threads I've ever seen on this forum and that's saying something.

Good to see the majority on here see his true worth.

Can't understand the rush to replace him, still got plenty to offer. Yes, he struggled in Champions League, but given how crap we were as a team it's hopelessly unfair to single him out as someone who can't play at that level. Best midfielder (and probably player) on the pitch both in the semi against Chelsea and the league game at the swamp - Yaya gets all the plaudits, but Barry gives us the control.

BringBackSwales said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
BringBackSwales said:
fucking hell, City player scores own goal, hang him

so you are saying that he did it deliberately? I have been told off for being rude in this forum, so I will not be rude to you, but I should be, and you know I should

I haven't trusted him since the Villa cup game, and with all that mail article on discontented England players in our squad and the peculiar performances he's put in several times this season It's only made me more curious about what he's done this season.

His fuck-ups seem too consequential, they tend to lead to a match changing outcome and they always seem to be in odd circumstances.

If Barry is a regular started next season were screwed. Too slow passing can and is hit and miss. In Champions League games he is totally outclassed and found out. Against any creative players he struggles.

I have never rated him and never will. Just look at other squad players already and I would like to see them play over Barry in his position be it Milner or even Rodwell who yesterday showed something I want to see more of next year. The way he took his second goal yesterday was impressive. We might even see a role change with Yaya playing in front of the back 4 in the Barry role with Rodwell central or Rodwell slotting in for Barry.

Just need more than what Barry gives and to an extent what Garcia has given so far. I will give Garica another year before I totally judge him. A year to get used to English football but next year I want to see more from Garcia. Add into the mix whatever new players come into the team. The days of a Barry and Yaya midfield will be long gone next season under the new manager.

Barry is a key member of the team and although his contribution often goes unnoticed because he doesn't dribble or have pace or score spectacular goals, his work rate and reading of the game are superb.

We notice when he's not playing because we tend to play a lot worse without him. Like yesterday for example.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
BringBackSwales said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

I haven't trusted him since the Villa cup game, and with all that mail article on discontented England players in our squad and the peculiar performances he's put in several times this season It's only made me more curious about what he's done this season.

His fuck-ups seem too consequential, they tend to lead to a match changing outcome and they always seem to be in odd circumstances.

you are truly strange in your views - and if you allow the fail to influence your views then is it any wonder, really?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.