Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

Bobbies Black Bins said:
Foy is just a very weak ref he wasn't going to react until Shrek and Carrick made the desicion for him. He spent the rest of the game trying to even up his mistake.

pathetic ref.

Agreed, EXCEPT the bit I underlined.

Giggs was not booked for scything down Aguero near the centre circle.
Evra was not booked for slapping Aguero - he (Evra) had already been booked, so that would have meant him being sent off.
Jones should have been booked.
Jones handled the ball and a penalty was NOT awarded.

Against this, Kolarov fouled Valencia, so they could have had a penalty.

All this aside, Foy ruined the game by sending Kompany off wrongly.

Even Alan Green said it was a quote " great tackle " ( LOL ).

I cannot see it being overturned however so we will have to make do without Kompany for four matches.

At least he will be fully refreshed when he returns but he has been sent off now twice and he will have to be clever enough to ensure its his last red card for this season at least.

Funny how Mancini was saying how we are short in midfield and upfront not two days ago but now we are short of experienced centre halves.

I wonder if Nedum will now have to feature for us until Kompany's return.

Whilst I can fully understand the pessimism amongst fellow Blues about Kompany's chances at the appeal, I have a funny feeling that we may be in for a pleasant surprise on this one. Yes, it looks unlikely when we contemplate the FA's inadequacies, but we may get a little justice thrown our way for once.

Plenty of people (even some Rags!) agree that it was a shocking and incorrect decision to send Vincent off and we have already lost the game, so they may appease us somewhat by correctly rescinding the diabolical red card.

We'll see.

Bobbies Black Bins said:
Foy is just a very weak ref he wasn't going to react until Shrek and Carrick made the desicion for him. He spent the rest of the game trying to even up his mistake.

pathetic ref.

I read somewhere he was appointed because he was experienced!!!!!

Er, what in?

DTeacher said:
Whilst I can fully understand the pessimism amongst fellow Blues about Kompany's chances at the appeal, I have a funny feeling that we may be in for a pleasant surprise on this one. Yes, it looks unlikely when we contemplate the FA's inadequacies, but we may get a little justice thrown our way for once.

Plenty of people (even some Rags!) agree that it was a shocking and incorrect decision to send Vincent off and we have already lost the game, so they may appease us somewhat by correctly rescinding the diabolical red card.

We'll see.

Millias's sending off was similarly harsh in the extreme and they rejected the appeal without deeming it was a frivilous appeal DT.

I am afraid we will suffer a similar fate.

Nedum's stock value may have gone up a tad now.

Its another example of why no player at the club should be written off entirely.

talkativesprout said:
All my rag mates are saying WTF too.

Not on ragcafe. Some serious deluded posters over there...
Claiming it was a malicious two-footed challenge that had both feet stretched high of the ground with studs showing that would have broken Nani's ankles hadn't he jumped.

1) It wasn't two footed. His legs were so far seperated that there was no danger that one area of Nani would receive a full brunt of the two feet. The left leg was so far of there wasn't any chance it would have caught Nani.

2) His right leg, the one he made the challenge with, was on the ground long before Nani was close. He made the block with the inside of his booth. No chance that Nani would have been hit by the studs. Had he carried on he would have fallen by stumbling over the blocked ball.

3) His feet weren't stretched when Nani was close. IF, and I clearly state IF, there would have been contact. The majority of the brunt of the challenge would have been absorbed my the folding legs of Kompany. So not a chance for a serious injury.

4) The speed of the challenge was so low that any contact would have been harmless. Compare that challenge to others where the tackle is made after a sprint. Kompany did the challenge after 1 or 2 steps. He hadn't gathered any speed to make it excessive.

5) His legs only close after Nani is well clear of the ball and he tries to hold it from bouncing away.

Greyco said:
talkativesprout said:

Claiming it was a malicious two-footed challenge that had both feet stretched high of the ground with studs showing that would have broken Nani's ankles hadn't he jumped.

1) It wasn't two footed. His legs were so far seperated that there was no danger that one area of Nani would receive a full brunt of the two feet. The left leg was so far of there wasn't any chance it would have caught Nani.

2) His right leg, the one he made the challenge with, was on the ground long before Nani was close. He made the block with the inside of his booth. No chance that Nani would have been hit by the studs. Had he carried on he would have fallen by stumbling over the blocked ball.

3) His feet weren't stretched when Nani was close. IF, and I clearly state IF, there would have been contact. The majority of the brunt of the challenge would have been absorbed my the folding legs of Kompany. So not a chance for a serious injury.

4) The speed of the challenge was so low that any contact would have been harmless. Compare that challenge to others where the tackle is made after a sprint. Kompany did the challenge after 1 or 2 steps. He hadn't gathered any speed to make it excessive.

5) His legs only close after Nani is well clear of the ball and he tries to hold it from bouncing away.

And, at the end of the day, it was arsing it down so he ended up a lot closer to nini than he intended. Let's all face it, if the arsey bastard didn't complain, which he didn't, there was nothing there. It was the scouser in the wig who was protesting no wonder he got MOTM from the ITV crew.

Greyco said:
talkativesprout said:

More of a scissor-type tackle than a two-footed lunge IMO, definitely would argue a yellow instead of red and that's that. Mancini and the management seem confident in their appeal but I have a feeling we're going to be missing our captain...let's hope I'm wrong

We can debate as long as we want whether it was a red or not, the history books will show it was, and even if the appeal is upheld (however unlikely that is), it won't get him is 79 minutes back in that game, and the result won't be over turned.

Having seen it a few times now, I think given the time in the game, the position on the pitch, the likelyhood of a goal coming from the move, and his importance to us in games to come, it was at best an ill judged tackle, he could easily have shown nani away from goal, with cover in place, and got in a better tackle than that, as he usually does.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I bet when Vinny wakes up this morning and watches the replay, he'll think just the same.

No way will The FA resind the ban. We will be withought Vinnie for both CC games plus 2 very important league games. The FA will close ranks and get behind "Their" man, They cannot or (at least) will not set precedent by backing down. That's what's bollocks about it. They can never admit when they got it wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.