Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

Worse tackles will go unpunished, better tackles won't get overturned. It is the reality of the game.

At the end of the day so much of the sport rides on one mans decision, and if he isn't doing his job correctly then he needs to be given the support available with technology.

Poll sides with City:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084004/Vincent-Kompany-sending-Graham-Poll-verdict.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

Foy was harsh in sending Kompany off and officials had a poor day all round at third round derby clash
By GRAHAM POLL
Last updated at 12:03 AM on 9th January 2012

The red card was harsh and unnecessary — refs are advised to avoid controversy and not to go looking for trouble. Chris Foy managed neither on Sunday. Vincent Kompany should not have dived in, but he was in control of his body movement, unlike Frank Lampard for Chelsea against Wolves, which resulted in a yellow card but was a much more serious offence.

You could argue that Kompany’s tackle was not even a foul. Nani, who is not slow to make a meal of these things, didn’t even complain.
If the referee wanted to make his mark early in a derby game, which is possible, then it was a yellow at worst.

I wasn’t impressed with the reactions of Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick. They applied pressure to the referee to produce a red card.
It was a game that, once again, called for extra officials behind the touchline, as with UEFA games.

They would have helped with the referee missing the Kolorov trip on Valencia that should have been a penalty and the Jones handball, which should also have been a spot kick.

This huge game was not a good day for the officials.

Blimey.

DTeacher said:
BlueRiz and others:

Have written the following in a couple of threads already. My understanding is that we are appealing later today (Monday) and the hearing / decision will be on Thursday.

Therefore, Kompany should be available for Wednesday.

this is bad news. Much rather him miss 2 league cup games and 2 league games rather than the second leg of league cup and 3 league matches (2 away from home).

if they don't rescind the ban then that will convince me that football is bent. kompany's tackle was brilliant today and was defending at it's best.

and i'm not even joking. the fact joey barton's wasn't as well vs norwich is absolutely fucking laughable.

Andouble said:
DTeacher said:
BlueRiz and others:

Have written the following in a couple of threads already. My understanding is that we are appealing later today (Monday) and the hearing / decision will be on Thursday.

Therefore, Kompany should be available for Wednesday.

this is bad news. Much rather him miss 2 league cup games and 2 league games rather than the second leg of league cup and 3 league matches (2 away from home).

I'm in two minds about this tbh.

I can see your point of view but can also appreciate that we probably need him on Wednesday - a good win would mean that we can rest players in the return leg. We are so close to Wembley that it would be a real shame to miss out on a trophy now.

ban-mcfc said:
if they don't rescind the ban then that will convince me that football is bent. kompany's tackle was brilliant today and was defending at it's best.

and i'm not even joking. the fact joey barton's wasn't as well vs norwich is absolutely fucking laughable.

I actually shouted from the second it happened "great tackle Vinnie" When the game stopped me and my lad thought Rooney was involved with someone.Little did we know it was conning the fucking ref !!My lad sent a text to his mates who were watching it in the pub and without exception they all said "fair challenge"
Good call !! Exspecially seeing they are all Rags !!

oakiecokie said:
ban-mcfc said:

I actually shouted from the second it happened "great tackle Vinnie" When the game stopped me and my lad thought Rooney was involved with someone.Little did we know it was conning the fucking ref !!My lad sent a text to his mates who were watching it in the pub and without exception they all said "fair challenge"
Good call !! Exspecially seeing they are all Rags !!

my mate celebrated when he saw the red, he thought it was for nani but couldn't really see.

that soon turn to shock and confusion. my rag mate text me straight away saying "awful decision".

isn't the statistic something like less than a dozen of hundreds of appeals have actually been rescinded by the FA?

Foy is just a very weak ref he wasn't going to react until Shrek and Carrick made the desicion for him. He spent the rest of the game trying to even up his mistake.

pathetic ref.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.