Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

dctid said:
kiam06 said:
It wasn't even a foul but why bother appealing because I know now it will not be rescinded.

Can only hope that Mancini thinks Foy will own up and admit is should have been a yellow

Failing that we are doing what the rags did last year with Ferdinand - making sure we play him for the home tie against Liverpool and hope we dont get an extra games ban

if we do then i am convinced this whole fookin thing is fixed

Wait, so if we appeal we can play Vinny in the Dipper game on Wednesday?

BlueRiz said:
dctid said:
kiam06 said:
It wasn't even a foul but why bother appealing because I know now it will not be rescinded.

Can only hope that Mancini thinks Foy will own up and admit is should have been a yellow

Failing that we are doing what the rags did last year with Ferdinand - making sure we play him for the home tie against Liverpool and hope we dont get an extra games ban

if we do then i am convinced this whole fookin thing is fixed

Wait, so if we appeal we can play Vinny in the Dipper game on Wednesday?

Yup pretty certain thats the case - might be wrong pretty certain i am right

If kompanys red card doesn't get overturned...

We as fans and as a club should take action. I don't know how we should go about it but if that foul is deemed as a red card by the fa after inspection then it is a disgrace to football.

Does Graham Poll's word carry any weight with the FA?

The red card was harsh and unnecessary — refs are advised to avoid controversy and not to go looking for trouble. Chris Foy managed neither on Sunday.

Vincent Kompany should not have dived in, but he was in control of his body movement, unlike Frank Lampard for Chelsea against Wolves, which resulted in a yellow card but was a much more serious offence.

You could argue that Kompany’s tackle was not even a foul. Nani, who is not slow to make a meal of these things, didn’t even complain.

If the referee wanted to make his mark early in a derby game, which is
possible, then it was a yellow at worst.

I wasn’t impressed with the reactions of Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick. They applied pressure to the referee to produce a red card.

It was a game that, once again, called for extra officials behind the touchline, as with UEFA games.

Re: If kompanys red card doesn't get overturned...

Since Milijas' against Arsenal wasn't rescinded, i can't see Kompany's being overturned either.

LoveCity said:
Does Graham Poll's word carry any weight with the FA?

The red card was harsh and unnecessary — refs are advised to avoid controversy and not to go looking for trouble. Chris Foy managed neither on Sunday.

Vincent Kompany should not have dived in, but he was in control of his body movement, unlike Frank Lampard for Chelsea against Wolves, which resulted in a yellow card but was a much more serious offence.

You could argue that Kompany’s tackle was not even a foul. Nani, who is not slow to make a meal of these things, didn’t even complain.

If the referee wanted to make his mark early in a derby game, which is
possible, then it was a yellow at worst.

I wasn’t impressed with the reactions of Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick. They applied pressure to the referee to produce a red card.

It was a game that, once again, called for extra officials behind the touchline, as with UEFA games.

Anyone who says the red card was just is either an out rag or a closet rag. Guess we know that Poll's neither...

BlueRiz and others:

Have written the following in a couple of threads already. My understanding is that we are appealing later today (Monday) and the hearing / decision will be on Thursday.

Therefore, Kompany should be available for Wednesday.

DTeacher said:
BlueRiz and others:

Have written the following in a couple of threads already. My understanding is that we are appealing later today (Monday) and the hearing / decision will be on Thursday.

Therefore, Kompany should be available for Wednesday.

Cheers DT

Re: If kompanys red card doesn't get overturned...

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
A Jarrow style march from Eastlands to the FA headquarters in Soho?

If it's not overturned, then it's not overturned. We move on. However, I'm sure agent Bernstein will make the correct decision ;)

No I was thinking along the lines of a mossad style hit squad, webb, foy, attwell, clattenburg, walton and dowd being the targets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.