Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

BlakeTheBlue said:
No way will The FA resind the ban. We will be withought Vinnie for both CC games plus 2 very important league games. The FA will close ranks and get behind "Their" man, They cannot or (at least) will not set precedent by backing down. That's what's bollocks about it. They can never admit when they got it wrong.
They will back down, he'll end up with a one match ban.

I can't see them changing their minds either to be honest. They will support the muppet. When do we actually find out about the appeal/verdict anyways?

cleavers said:
mancitygaz said:
That's one thing they can't do, its either 4 (or 5 if they think the appeal is frivolous), or no ban. Its either a sending off or a yellow, and a booking isn't a ban.
OK, my point is they have to back down. It wasn't even worthy of a yellow.<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:53 am --<br /><br />
mancitygaz said:
cleavers said:
mancitygaz said:
That's one thing they can't do, its either 4 (or 5 if they think the appeal is frivolous), or no ban. Its either a sending off or a yellow, and a booking isn't a ban.
OK, my point is they have to back down. It wasn't even worthy of a yellow.
And I'm sure straight reds (3 match ban) have been reduced to a one match ban on appeal. Not sure what happens in this case though as he's looking at 4 matches if upheld.

mancitygaz said:
And I'm sure straight reds (3 match ban) have been reduced to a one match ban on appeal. Not sure what happens in this case though as he's looking at 4 matches if upheld.
I think you maybe confusing the professional foul, and dangerous play, and the fact some people seem to think any red is an automatic 3 game ban, its 1 for the former and 3 for the latter.

Its only 4 in this case because its his second straight red. If they uphold the appeal they have 2 options, reduce it to a booking instead for a foul, or nothing for no foul, (there is also mistaken identity, but I think we can rule that one out).

In this case of 4 matches, its the same option, if they reduce it, its not a second red therefore the extra game doesn't count, of course if they decide a booking instead, and that takes him over the number of yellows for a ban then he'll get a 1 match ban for that (I'm not sure how many yellows he's had).

Anyway Foy won't change his mind, so its all irrelevant, and I'd prefer he missed the CC semi's rather than 3 league games personally, so 24 hours on, if I was the club I'd be tempted to leave it anyway.

cleavers said:
mancitygaz said:
I think you maybe confusing the professional foul, and dangerous play, and the fact some people seem to think any red is an automatic 3 game ban, its 1 for the former and 3 for the latter.

Its only 4 in this case because its his second straight red. If they uphold the appeal they have 2 options, reduce it to a booking instead for a foul, or nothing for no foul, (there is also mistaken identity, but I think we can rule that one out).

In this case of 4 matches, its the same option, if they reduce it, its not a second red therefore the extra game doesn't count, of course if they decide a booking instead, and that takes him over the number of yellows for a ban then he'll get a 1 match ban for that (I'm not sure how many yellows he's had).

Anyway Foy won't change his mind, so its all irrelevant, and I'd prefer he missed the CC semi's rather than 3 league games personally, so 24 hours on, if I was the club I'd be tempted to leave it anyway.
I was under the impression that a straight red is 3 a game ban and 2 yellows is 1.

Does Foy have to change his mind for an appeal to be successful?

mancitygaz said:
cleavers said:
mancitygaz said:
I was under the impression that a straight red is 3 a game ban and 2 yellows is 1.

Does Foy have to change his mind for an appeal to be successful?

As cleavers said, you only get a 3 game ban for dangerous/malicious play - e.g. punching someone, or a dangerous tackle - whereas a professional foul - e.g. pulling someone down when you are the last man - is a 1 game ban.

From what I know of the appeals I think Foy doesn't have to change his mind for an appeal to be succesful. If he does change his mind after the game the booking is automatically rescinded and therefore there is no need to appeal. I think you only appeal if you believe he made a mistake and he is sticking by it.

IMO, this won't be overturned. Not that I don't think it should be, but it won't. The FA will unilaterally back their Referee. And it's a fucking joke...

What's really a shame is that there seems to be *zero* accountability for referees when they make a mistake. When a player makes a mistake and is shown a yellow, gets an accumulation of yellows, a red, or an accumulation of red cards, they are banned for a specific number of games.

When a referee like Foy makes calls like he did today on Vinnie and on Drogba against QPR, or even the missed blatant hand ball by Jones or even the foul by Kolarov on Valencia, you have to wonder what sort of accountability they have. Well, it seems there is none.

I know that if a referee has a real howler, they will suspend him/her as was the case against Koman Coulibaly when he had a terrible game when the US drew against Slovenia disallowing a goal on a ghost call.

So, there is a precedent, but that doesn't fix anything. Not only are they not usually held accountable to the extent of Coulibaly, they don't even have to account for the calls they did make explaining why they made the decisions they made.

They are completely protected no matter what. You can only praise a referee, you can't criticise. Do that, and you find yourself suspended or fined, even if you are right. How can this blatant hypocrisy continue at such a high level? The general response to this is "that's just the way football is." Fuck that....

Am I the only one who sees it this way?

Unfortunately there's no chance of it getting rescinded so I'd rather they take the hit now than delay the inevitable ban by appealing. Yes, we all want to get to Wembley again, but I'd much rather he only misses two league games than three.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.