Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

This letter of the law thing....Anyone able to find the exact FA rulings?

I am sure there has to be a lack of control. Also I think the opposing player has to be hit with the tackle. I am sure if the ball is won and player avoids it then its a yellow.

Shrek and Camel twat are doing their best to get it upheld on twitter also.

Ref was a total joker.

On another quick note..was Nani booked for doing 2 foul throws?

As soon as vinny did it i knew he was going. I think we have to stress to our players how important it is to not make rash challenges. He's our player and we want to stick up for him but he should know better than that. even if he didn't hurt anyone (not that i give a shit about nani) it was fucking foolish.

hope he learns from it

Althogh I steel feel it was harsh. Vinny has got to stop diving in with 2 feet. Its not the first time he has done it.

What pissed me off more was the inconsistency of Foy after that challenge. There were many challenges from UTD that deserved yellow cards.

MonsallBlue said:

I am sure there has to be a lack of control. Also I think the opposing player has to be hit with the tackle. I am sure if the ball is won and player avoids it then its a yellow.

Shrek and Camel twat are doing their best to get it upheld on twitter also.

Ref was a total joker.

On another quick note..was Nani booked for doing 2 foul throws?

Any tweeters out there should bombard them fookers till they can´t take any more
How about
"Shrek you wanker you got 3 game reduced to 2 for violently kicking an opponent - shut the fook up you scouse monstrosity!"

Graham Poll defended Vinny in The Mail today. Could this lend weight to an appeal?
Plus, if appealing means he plays on Wednesday, then we should do it. To get a good advantage over Liverpool in the first leg is important. We will certainly miss him Vs the Spuds, so again it is probably worth risking an appeal.

I would only play 3 at the back for Everton as they wont bother attacking and hope for set plays.

MonsallBlue said:

quote]

The laws haven't changed.

A player shall be dismissed from the field of play if he commits any of the following offences:

1. Serious foul play.

That's it. Only the interpritation has changed since the days when Steve McMahon and Bryan Robson were flying into tackles 10 times worse than Kompanys on a weekly basis without any reprisals.

After watching that foul from the viewpoint of the City goal, you can see Kompany dragging his right foot for a good while before coming into contact with the ball. The right leg just flops forward as a result, which is probably why anyone (read: rags) would think it was a two-footed scissor lunge.

Still, I don't see the FA overturning it because they are almost 100% going to support the match referee. I'd still appeal it, then give it to the FA good in the appeal knowing that Vinny will get an extra game. But we can't stay silent on this one.

I wonder why the PFA doesn't get involved, or would this be out of their jurisdiction, so-to-speak?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084004/Vincent-Kompany-sending-Graham-Poll-verdict.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rdict.html</a>

bobmcfc said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084004/Vincent-Kompany-sending-Graham-Poll-verdict.html

That is all we need, that clueless penis saying the ref made a mistake. Don't forget, this is the same man who said VK should have received a red for the "stamp" on Cahill against Everton this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.