Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

Petrovs left peg said:
Watched it again and again after finally calming down.

I still think it was a good tackle but the chances of us getting the ban rescinded are next to nothing. The tackle was two footed, off the ground and Foy will defend his decision on that basis - the panel cannot and will not overule him. Doing so would undermine too much.

In the cold light of day our captain should have kept a cool head, calmed the team down and lead by example - Unfortunately, on this occassion, he didn't.

It is hard to swallow especially after getting beat and coming so close with ten men but we have to accept it and move on.

Champions suffer setbacks and come back stronger. Our team will do just that and Kompany will be back refreshed for the run in. I would play Richards at CH for the Wigan game with Zabba RB and Savic Cb v spurs with richards RB.

The only plus point is that Kompany serves two of his games in non premiership games - which is surely our priority?

I agree on all points, including your call for the Wigan & Spuds matches.
Better to only lose him for only 2 PL games, and I would be amazed if an appeal was upheld. Personally I think we can cope with Liverpool by playing a similar formation to yesterday's 2nd half, but now we are out of the FAC Bobby Manc may place a higher priority on his view of the CC.

Re: the sending off, my instant thought when he made the tackle was that he'd be lucky to get away without a yellow. I didn't expect the red.
Having since had the benefit of the replay it still looks to me like one foot was on the ground as he made contact with the ball. Anyone who has played football would know that it's difficult to win the ball and come away with it if both feet are simultaneously on the ground going into the tackle. In fact, it's often a damn sight more dangerous if both feet are on the ground when a defender is sliding in, as Kompany was. I reckon that what swung it for the Ref was that it looked to be a scissors tackle, as he momentarily hesitated, and then Rooney's reaction no doubt sealed it.

The way things are going it's getting increasingly impossible for defenders to make solid tackles at speed. Referees just don't seem to allow any latitude for weather conditions anymore.

Lancet Fluke said:
bobmcfc said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084004/Vincent-Kompany-sending-Graham-Poll-verdict.html

That is all we need, that clueless penis saying the ref made a mistake. Don't forget, this is the same man who said VK should have received a red for the "stamp" on Cahill against Everton this season.

yes but it's better if opinion is split. surely it gives us hope regarding the appeal ?

bobmcfc said:
Lancet Fluke said:
bobmcfc said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2084004/Vincent-Kompany-sending-Graham-Poll-verdict.html

That is all we need, that clueless penis saying the ref made a mistake. Don't forget, this is the same man who said VK should have received a red for the "stamp" on Cahill against Everton this season.

yes but it's better if opinion is split. surely it gives us hope regarding te appeal ?

Well if I was on the panel I'd generally do the opposite of what Poll says because he hasn't a fucking clue.

The ball was there to be won and he won it. No way on this earth was it a red card and I've seen it plenty of times. Nani makes no fuss whatsoever about the challenge and he is the first to go on a 20yard roll with even the slightest contact. I've seen reports that Chris Foy thinks he got it wrong after seeing it again. It'll get over turned imo

BibbyBlue85 said:
The ball was there to be won and he won it. No way on this earth was it a red card and I've seen it plenty of times. Nani makes no fuss whatsoever about the challenge and he is the first to go on a 20yard roll with even the slightest contact. I've seen reports that Chris Foy thinks he got it wrong after seeing it again. It'll get over turned imo

If Chris Foy tells the panel he made a mistake it will get overturned, if he doesn't, it won't. It is about as simple as that really.

I'd like to think we will definitely appeal, there is no way it will be deemed frivolous imo as there is ambiguity in the rules.

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
Petrovs left peg said:

I still think it was a good tackle but the chances of us getting the ban rescinded are next to nothing. The tackle was two footed, off the ground and Foy will defend his decision on that basis - the panel cannot and will not overule him. Doing so would undermine too much.

In the cold light of day our captain should have kept a cool head, calmed the team down and lead by example - Unfortunately, on this occassion, he didn't.

It is hard to swallow especially after getting beat and coming so close with ten men but we have to accept it and move on.

Champions suffer setbacks and come back stronger. Our team will do just that and Kompany will be back refreshed for the run in. I would play Richards at CH for the Wigan game with Zabba RB and Savic Cb v spurs with richards RB.

The only plus point is that Kompany serves two of his games in non premiership games - which is surely our priority?

Better to only lose him for only 2 PL games, and I would be amazed if an appeal was upheld. Personally I think we can cope with Liverpool by playing a similar formation to yesterday's 2nd half, but now we are out of the FAC Bobby Manc may place a higher priority on his view of the CC.

Re: the sending off, my instant thought when he made the tackle was that he'd be lucky to get away without a yellow. I didn't expect the red.
Having since had the benefit of the replay it still looks to me like one foot was on the ground as he made contact with the ball. Anyone who has played football would know that it's difficult to win the ball and come away with it if both feet are simultaneously on the ground going into the tackle. In fact, it's often a damn sight more dangerous if both feet are on the ground when a defender is sliding in, as Kompany was. I reckon that what swung it for the Ref was that it looked to be a scissors tackle, as he momentarily hesitated, and then Rooney's reaction no doubt sealed it.

The way things are going it's getting increasingly impossible for defenders to make solid tackles at speed. Referees just don't seem to allow any latitude for weather conditions anymore.

Totally agree with that last line mate - there has to be some commonsense applied somewhere along the line. The greasy surface played a part I reckon.

I'm still of the opinion that it was a very harsh red and taking the blue blinkers off I'd be of exactly the same opinion if it was a United player that had made such a tackle.

M18CTID said:
BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
Petrovs left peg said:

Totally agree with that last line mate - there has to be some commonsense applied somewhere along the line. The greasy surface played a part I reckon.

I'm still of the opinion that it was a very harsh red and taking the blue blinkers off I'd be of exactly the same opinion if it was a United player that had made such a tackle.
Its not just the weather conditions,they should take into account the situation. Its a Manchester derby and City at home are 1-0 down after 10 minutes,the intensity of the situation should be accountable..

Lancet Fluke said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

If Chris Foy tells the panel he made a mistake it will get overturned, if he doesn't, it won't. It is about as simple as that really.

I guess so Lancet. The thing that really gets on my tits is that refs aren't made accountable for their mistakes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.