Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

mike channon´s windmill said:
davelyncooper said:
two footed tackle = red card. The player knows it so why give the ref the opportunity to send him off. He had no need to go in with two feet he would have won the ball with a one footed tackle and as red nose stated in his after match interview - Kompany has been guilty of similar challenges before and needs to be told to cut them out full stop. His chances of getting the card rescinded are ziltch and his actions mean we will not see him again for the next few weeks just when we needed him the most, I am at a loss still as to why he decided to make a two footed scissor tackle.

PS - I am not a red, check my previous posts - just a frustrated blue who feels he let himself, the fans and the club down
Respect your opinion but I profoundly disagree is my polite way of retort

You sir are a better man than me.

Re: Kompany's red card and appeal?

Jumanji said:
Mastes1 said:
OF63M.gif

I still think the ref got it wrong,but when you see these angles it looks so diferent..

If that had been 1 of their players doing the identical tackle we all know we would of be up in arms!

Not a red card for me, but we are either a very dirty team or there is an FA clamp down on us judging by the amount of reds we have had recently.

davelyncooper said:
two footed tackle = red card. The player knows it so why give the ref the opportunity to send him off. He had no need to go in with two feet he would have won the ball with a one footed tackle and as red nose stated in his after match interview - Kompany has been guilty of similar challenges before and needs to be told to cut them out full stop. His chances of getting the card rescinded are ziltch and his actions mean we will not see him again for the next few weeks just when we needed him the most, I am at a loss still as to why he decided to make a two footed scissor tackle.

PS - I am not a red, check my previous posts - just a frustrated blue who feels he let himself, the fans and the club down

I'm with you. A totally stupid and rash action by our club captain who is normally such a great leader

I was at the game.
I couldn't see that he jumped in from my angle, so it just looked like a great tackle and not even a foul.
Having seen it again several times on the box, it's a borderline one, but, unless the ref decides that he himself that he got it wrong, I don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell of any appeal succeeding. The fact that a lot worse tackles have gone relatively unpunished this season is neither here nor there.
He jumped in and you can't do that. It also turned into a bit of a scissor tackle, and you can't do that either.
I think a yellow card would have sufficed, especially as he got the ball, but, if that had been Ferdinand on Aguero, we would be saying ''..Well, it was 2 footed...... you can't lunge in like that...'' etc.

Re: Kompany's red card and appeal?

The cookie monster said:
Jumanji said:
I still think the ref got it wrong,but when you see these angles it looks so diferent..

If that had been 1 of their players doing the identical tackle we all know we would of be up in arms!

Which is why it will be all but impossible to get the card rescinded. Mancini needs to decide whether he wants VK for Everton in the Prem or the semi on Wednesday before deciding whether to even bother appealing imo.

Another thing wrong with that angle is that it makes it LOOK like he jumped in, but he dropped into it if you see it from other views.

Watched it again and again after finally calming down.

I still think it was a good tackle but the chances of us getting the ban rescinded are next to nothing. The tackle was two footed, off the ground and Foy will defend his decision on that basis - the panel cannot and will not overule him. Doing so would undermine too much.

In the cold light of day our captain should have kept a cool head, calmed the team down and lead by example - Unfortunately, on this occassion, he didn't.

It is hard to swallow especially after getting beat and coming so close with ten men but we have to accept it and move on.

Champions suffer setbacks and come back stronger. Our team will do just that and Kompany will be back refreshed for the run in. I would play Richards at CH for the Wigan game with Zabba RB and Savic Cb v spurs with richards RB.

The only plus point is that Kompany serves two of his games in non premiership games - which is surely our priority?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.