Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

Dubai Blue said:
charliebigspuds said:
Jumanji said:
fc4.gif

that looks a lot worse than it did at the match or on ITV last night especially the pause, 6 of one half a dozen of the other.
His feet were quite a distance apart so it wasn't really a two-footed tackle; he was clearly always going to play the ball with his right foot only. But the second his other foot left the ground, he was inviting trouble.

Never a red card for me, but there's enough in it to render any appeal completely superfluous (other than in delaying the inevitable ban)

Notsure I agree with that reading of it

In wet conditions prove he didnt slip, the fact is they cant and by that point you may as well render any challenges in wet conditions pointless as they will all be sending offs

dom said:
Dubai Blue said:
charliebigspuds said:
that looks a lot worse than it did at the match or on ITV last night especially the pause, 6 of one half a dozen of the other.
His feet were quite a distance apart so it wasn't really a two-footed tackle; he was clearly always going to play the ball with his right foot only. But the second his other foot left the ground, he was inviting trouble.

Never a red card for me, but there's enough in it to render any appeal completely superfluous (other than in delaying the inevitable ban)

In what sense?

Dubai Blue said:
dom said:
Dubai Blue said:

In what sense?

Sorry I meant that I think it IS worth appealing, especially given weight an conviction of neutrals' responses I've seen in the press and heard on the radio

dom said:
Sorry I meant that I think it IS worth appealing, especially given weight an conviction of neutrals' responses I've seen in the press and heard on the radio

I think it's worth appealing because we've had such a poor week of refereeing decisions - but I tend to agree with DB's reading of it. Vinny did give the ref something to think about - so unless Foy himself says he made a mistake I expect the FA to back their man.

VOOMER said:
Jumanji said:

Clearly went for the ball with the right left slipped nani nowhere near getting the ball and Foy has now admitted he was wrong.

Where did you get that news from bud.??..good if true,wont change yesterdays result but we cant afford to lose vinnie..

Made up if true.

dom said:
Dubai Blue said:
dom said:
In what sense?

Unfortunately, it has to be an absolutely clear-cut error for it to be rescinded. Most commentators are saying it should only have been a yellow; sadly, that isn't enough of an error for a red card to be overturned. Both feet are off the ground for a split second and that's the moment they will point to when upholding the suspension.

Dubai Blue said:
dom said:
Dubai Blue said:
In what sense?

Unfortunately, it has to be an absolutely clear-cut error for it to be rescinded. Most commentators are saying it should only have been a yellow; sadly, that isn't enough of an error for a red card to be overturned. Both feet are off the ground for a split second and that's the moment they will point to when upholding the suspension.

So does that mean that all sliding tackles are red card offences ?

samharris said:
VOOMER said:
Jumanji said:

Clearly went for the ball with the right left slipped nani nowhere near getting the ball and Foy has now admitted he was wrong.

Where did you get that news from bud.??..good if true,wont change yesterdays result but we cant afford to lose vinnie..

Made up if true.

Twitter...... its the only place i have seen it anyway... so like everything else on twitter.... it's made up.. if her admitted it was wrong we would have heard by now.

Appeal will be heard either tomorrow or "ahead of City's match against Liverpool" according various journos on Twitter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.