Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

Rio on twitter: The ref who was just ranting on @talkSPORTDrive needs to look at the rule book about the #2footTackle tarnishing sunday football refs!

Taken in isolation, ok, but combined with first Baconface and then Shrek's comments, I don't think I've ever seen a more co-ordinated attempt by any club to ensure a ban is forthcoming.

Whether you think it's a red or not, it's pretty shameful really and displays a total lack of class. #notsurprised

No even a yellow yesterday. Chris Foy you can be proud. You got the job done.

0b4.gif

Damanino said:

0b4.gif

First time I've seen that since being at the game.

Horrific challenge that was done 100% to injure the player with no attempt whatsoever to play the ball.

Rammy Blue said:
Damanino said:

0b4.gif

Horrific challenge that was done 100% to injure the player with no attempt whatsoever to play the ball.
FFS, its just a shit tackle, he's trying to get the ball and fails (too f**king slow), should be a foul and a yellow for a mis-timed tackle, but "done 100% to injure the player" ?

Rammy Blue said:
Damanino said:

0b4.gif

Even if he had attempted to get the ball, it's a tackle from behind..... YELLOW CARD!!!!!!

The challenge from Giggs was much worse the Vinny's challenge yet amazingly Foy's decision - no card! There were other occassions too that he missed booking rags. We should send this video to the FA. Still fuming over the sending off but extremely proud of the performance yesterday especially the 2nd half. Let's hope Berstein can pull a few strings.

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
The FA have an opportunity to show the rest of football just how hypocritical and morally corrupt an organisation it is. On the other hand they also have the opportunity to apply some decency and common sense and decency.

An England player blatantly kicks an opponent from behind, clearly violent behaviour and with indisputable intent to hurt an opponent. The FA however appeal against the 3 game ban, we assume on the grounds that it wasn't an act of violence, despite all evidence that it was. This is for a player who has a track record of similar behaviour at both international and club level.

Kompany, on the other hand, makes what appears to be an honest attempt to win the ball, clearly without intent to harm an opponent, and arguably perhaps not even worthy of a free kick. The vast majority of independent pundits and journos seem to share this opinion. In fact from the video evidence it seems likley that without Rooney's intervention the Referee may well have waved play on.

The FA however are now in the position of being able to enforce a 4 match suspension on the player, not very long after they had themselves pursued and won their appeal to have Rooney's act of violence reduced to a 2 game ban.

If the FA have any principles whatsoever, Kompany's card will be at least downgraded to a yellow, but whether they will do that without input from the Referee is doubtful IMO. Chris Foy should make it easy for them by having the guts to come forward and say that in hindsight he got it wrong. I'd like to bet he won't.
Tried to say this yesterday but you have articulated the same sentiments more eloquently than I had time or wherewithall to do.
The hypocrisy this would show would be of frankly staggering proportions<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:32 pm --<br /><br />
Damanino said:

0b4.gif

He´s fookin scissored him the philandering filthy coont

Not even a yellow

A blatant attempt to take him out

Scum , filth , vermin of the lowest catagory

Hang your head in shame Foy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.