Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

Anyone know what time we should know by?And does anyone know if it can be reduced?

The cookie monster said:
NDJ said:
Anyone know what time we should know by?And does anyone know if it can be reduced?
I'll give you the outcome now if you want....

He will be missing for the next 4 matches.
This, but it will be confirmed by 6pm today latest

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

The cookie monster said:
NDJ said:
I'll give you the outcome now if you want....

He will be missing for the next 4 matches.

Agent Bernstein please come to reception. Your assistance is required.

What actually constitutes a double footed tackle? Kompany's left leg was well out of the way (to the left and eventually behind Nani) and so despite being off the ground was clearly not being used in the 'tackle'. His right foot then was studs to the side and then actually planted when making connection.

Surely we should look at the Rodwell case, that looked a far more dangerous challenge than Vinnys yet it was rescinded. In addition if the aforementioned video clips spread in the public domain, it would surely help the case. Suggest the David Benstein and the FA get copies along with all media outlets and clubs

Longsight-memories said:
387618_328602610493318_206457109374536_1141088_1365072617_n.jpg

Who is the man in the hat....

Woooney?
That is awesome.

ono said:
Longsight-memories said:
387618_328602610493318_206457109374536_1141088_1365072617_n.jpg

Who is the man in the hat....

Woooney?
That is awesome.

LOL! Nice

But seriously... someone text agent Bernstein quickly, we're gonna need him on this one!

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if miraculously the ban was reduced to 1-2 games our agent B didn't have anything to do with it. Everyone knows how political the f8ckin FA is!

BlueRiz said:
TBH I wouldn't be surprised if miraculously the ban was reduced to 1-2 games our agent B didn't have anything to do with it. Everyone knows how political the f8ckin FA is!
Where do people get the idea that the ban can be reduced to 1 or 2 games ? It can't, the options are, the red card rescinded = no ban, reduced to a booking = no ban, but an extra booking on his total, red card upheld = ban remains.

doggiesin08 said:
What actually constitutes a double footed tackle? Kompany's left leg was well out of the way (to the left and eventually behind Nani) and so despite being off the ground was clearly not being used in the 'tackle'. His right foot then was studs to the side and then actually planted when making connection.
It doesn't actually matter whether it was "double footed" or not. There seems to be some misnomer that, simply because the tackle was 2 footed, it must instantly equate to a red card. There is nothing in the laws of the game that mentions a 2 footed tackle being an offence that must result in a red card. The rule states that the tackle must have been made with "excessive force or brutality", now we can rule out brutality as that would require a degree of pre-meditation and intent to harm, which clearly easn't the case. So, it's the excessive force side of the law Kompany was judged to have breached. This is why I don't thin the FA will act, excessive force is an extremely subjective description, what one man deems excesive another (or in this case most) would deem not to be. Chris Foy, inexplicably as he's supposed far better qualified than most, made the decision Kompany acted with excessive force, it was HIS opinion. This isn't a situation where the referee got it wrong, by that I mean it wasn't a handball where replays show it didn't hit the hand, it was a judgement call made by the referee at the time. It was a horrible judgement, a terrible judgement, but nonetheless it was Chris Foy's judgement. The FA will not overrule him, of that I'm certain. To do so would be to undermine him completely, they would essentially be saying "We don't believe your judgement skills are correct, we feel you are incapable of accurately assessing the laws of the game when it comes to subjective matters". The FA will not do that, regarrdless of the furore surrounding the call, or the obvious error in judgemtn Chris Foy made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.