Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

FantasyIreland said:
bobmcfc said:
if rodwells isnt a red the vinnies isnt a red. perhaps we can use that clip as evidence in the appeal

Anyone got the Rodwell incident link please?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccerclips.net/videos/everton-v-liverpool-rodwell-red-card" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccerclips.net/videos/evert ... l-red-card</a>

Unbelievable really. The referee was right on top of it as well.

All we're really talking about is the length of the ban he'll receive. Anything less than a 4 game ban would be a victory for City.

BlueTony said:
Gary James said:
the 1955 FAC Manc derby - the only other FAC derby played at City.

That day Utd's capt was sent off for something he said. Little and the rest of the City players urged the ref not to send him off/reverse his decision.

Used to be the way the game was played, I remember Kevin Moran being the first player to be sent off in a cup final (for the rags) and every other player including the one fouled {Peter Reid IIRC} asking the ref not to show a card.

How times have changed.

In 85 Everton would have won had Moran stayed on I reckon.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16430580.stm

I dont know if this story has been on herem can't see it, but 99.8% says it will stay red!

Jeeez that was a depressing read. I think I;ve got about 0.2% worth of Hope left for Vinny!

Hamann Pineapple said:
Matty said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
2pm decision apparently, downgraded to yellow would be nice, can't see it though.
I might be wrong but I was udner the impression that you can't downgrade a red card to a yellow card, can't think of an appeal that has resulted in that outcome. I thought that it is either completely recinded, so no card, or it stands as a red.

You may be right Matty. Some rules just don't make any sense at all. That one where if the ref has given a yellow they can't go back and give a retrospective ban stinks as well.
A rule they use to avoid having to retrospectively ban on most occasions but which, should they wish, they can totally ignore, like in the case of Ben Thatcher. Now, don't get me wrong, retrospectively banning Thatcher was absolutely the right thing to do, his "challenge2 on Mendes was shocking, but it goes to show that the FA can do whatever they want so the argument of "the rules won't let us2 is bollocks, what they mean is "we don't want to".

Thanks for the link gents.

It should definitely be used in our defence,however,in Rodwells case/defence he didn't leave the ground and only led with one foot,however,both could be deemed equally dangerous given neither actually touched their opponent and neither had any apparent intention of causing injury....

I won't be holding my breath though.....

Ps.Suarez is a cnut and i wish Rodwell had have done him.

Matty said:
I might be wrong but I was udner the impression that you can't downgrade a red card to a yellow card, can't think of an appeal that has resulted in that outcome. I thought that it is either completely recinded, so no card, or it stands as a red.
John Terry a couple of seasons ago when he was sent off at our place?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16430580.stm

I dont know if this story has been on herem can't see it, but 99.8% says it will stay red!

Completely different thing, blue.

This is talking about the success rate where the FA bring the charge - eg the racism charge over Suarez, or the disrepute charge against Baconface last spring (which led to the touchline ban for the semi final)

The FA win all its cases, essentially because they choose which ones to bring and they only prosecute the ones they know they can prove. That's why sometimes you wonder why no charge has been brought when it seems obvious that it should be.

Kompany is appealing a red card - not a charge brought by the FA. It's a bit like comparing crown court prosecutions with the rates for successfully appealing parking fines.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.