Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

Matty said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
2pm decision apparently, downgraded to yellow would be nice, can't see it though.
I might be wrong but I was udner the impression that you can't downgrade a red card to a yellow card, can't think of an appeal that has resulted in that outcome. I thought that it is either completely recinded, so no card, or it stands as a red.

thought Terry's red he got against us was taken down to a yellow? may be wrong though

Matty said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
2pm decision apparently, downgraded to yellow would be nice, can't see it though.
I might be wrong but I was udner the impression that you can't downgrade a red card to a yellow card, can't think of an appeal that has resulted in that outcome. I thought that it is either completely recinded, so no card, or it stands as a red.

You may be right Matty. Some rules just don't make any sense at all. That one where if the ref has given a yellow they can't go back and give a retrospective ban stinks as well.

Robert Jordan said:
Rooney deserve a South Park banner, something like:

Shut you F#@$&g face, granny shagger!

And a small adjustment for Cur Alex & Rio...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ojbHVLlQs&feature=related[/youtube]

I never tire of that song

Hamann Pineapple said:

This hasnt happened in the past. When they rescinded the ridiculous red card against Spurs (Bolton player?) recently everyone was complaining because if his card had been downgraded to yellow he would have faced a match ban on the next game for accumulated yellow cards. Strangely the FA said they couldnt downgrade the card.

I don't think we have a chance to be honest. After their decision on the Miljas red card (which was equally a shit decision) - I think they will cover their their own arses.

Matty said:
Hamann Pineapple said:

I believe this to be true.

But how stupid is this rule?

Thorpiemcfc said:
Matty said:
Hamann Pineapple said:

thought Terry's red he got against us was taken down to a yellow? may be wrong though
Terry's was overturned on a technicality because the referee sent him off for 'Serious Foul Play' when it was nothing of the sort. If he'd sent him off for a Professional Foul (as he should have done), the ban would have stayed in place.

Well i have just done a little research and watched Rodwell's (recinded) and mIlijan's (not recinded ) and i confidently predict that i ain't got a fookin clue how the appeal will go

Now in our favour is at no time was Vinny going into the tackle with studs showing whereas on both the above incidents that is not the case.Also at no time was any contact made with Nani again unlike above.

Against us is the fact he did leave the ground with both feet for a short amount of time

Now again in our favour is the fact that at no time did Nani have the ball under control in fact he hadn't even touched it (it could be argued that the situation arose due to a poor pass from one of the rags)

Also Nani continued to play and didn't even ask for a foul

Anyway as i said above aint got a scooby which way it will go.

Got a good feeling about this, no idea why as I have absolutely zero faith in the system but think it'll get rescinded. Even Nani didnt care for god sake and he's the biggest cheat in the league!

I hope its rescinded, however its not worse than the Rodwell challenge, far from it...for a start, that was one footed...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.